2016 Six Nations Rugby

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

2016 Six Nations Rugby

Post by PeteC »

Pool now open for the tournament starting in February. I'm just handling the admin, Pharvey will do the colour commentary. :D Pete :cheers:

http://www.superbru.com/sixnations/pool.php?p=11493957

Pool name: HHF 6 Nations

Pool code: safecane
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Re: 2016 Six Nations Rugby

Post by pharvey »

Thanks for setting up Pete - I had planned to do so in the New Year, but I'm sure there's no argument over your superior Captaining Skills!! :thumb:

And hey..... "Colour Commentary"? ..... :oops: :D :naughty:

Here's to a great tournament!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

At the moment I feel that there will be a feeling of anti-climax after WC in which no 6N side made the semis (Although Scotland should have been there) but I guess when the games start the excitement will return.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

oakdale160 wrote:At the moment I feel that there will be a feeling of anti-climax after WC in which no 6N side made the semis (Although Scotland should have been there) but I guess when the games start the excitement will return.
Whilst disappointing to see no 6N side in the Semi's (Scotland should have been there as should God's Own..), I have to disagree with your comments there oakdale - the start of the 6N is like being a kid on Christmas morning for me and many others. Aside from the World Cup, it is IMHO the best rugby tournament in the world. I can't wait!! :cheers:

The camaraderie, the passion, the fighting spirit is second to none - and to beat Beelzibub is number 1 !! :thumb:

As an aside, apart from the main tournament, the Women's 6N and the Under 20's 6N will also be played at the same time. I've followed the U20's for many years, and the Women's side for the last year or 2 - both have been superb, but sadly unsupported IMHO.

Anywho, I hope you and all others enjoy!!

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

No anti-climax for me either. The two teams I want to England to beat are Wales and France. France for historical reasons and Wales for their fans` belief that they have a God-given right to win. Do we have any Welsh fans here I wonder
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Believing that the bookies are better forecasters than the experts, I looked at the odds at WHill.
Odds on is No outright winner, guess that means equal on W/D/L record
Decimal system (What uou get back for 1 unit bet.
England 5.50, Ireland and France 9.00, Wales 10.00
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

arcadianagain wrote: Wales for their fans` belief that they have a God-given right to win. Do we have any Welsh fans here I wonder
Yes we do, and yes we do..... :wink: :D
oakdale160 wrote:Believing that the bookies are better forecasters than the experts, I looked at the odds at WHill.
Odds on is No outright winner, guess that means equal on W/D/L record
Bit of a con that one (although they do have to make their money), but trying to speak as one without a "God-given right to win" :wink: , predicting the Six Nations is not an easy task this year (if it ever is). Injuries are a big issue still for God's Own even after the RWC :banghead: But that said, all others are having fairly major concerns also. Beelzebub's XV have a new coaching set-up, Ireland have lost a talisman in O'Connell, Scotland... who knows after that massive RWC display and France,....... well France are France!! As for Italy, I don't think we'll see a shock this season - Wooden Spooners

Ultimately, the bookies have gone with "home advantage" - Beelzebub and the clan play God's Own and the Little People at HQ (Rah Rah), these likely the two teams they'd be concerned about.... However, they play the Sweaties at Murrayfield and the Surrender Monkeys in Paris - both of which could be a major concern.

Two huge issues with just a few weeks away from kick-off - injury issue with respect to all nations and what effect Jones has with England.

After the start to my year, I need some happiness - just another Championship will do

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

pHarvey, can you tell us the code, Who are Beelzebuub? Who are God,s own? Who are the Little people? SM, I guess is France, ans Sweaties are Scotland. Is this a universal code for the teams or just yours?
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

It all depends on who your God is and who you consider to be the devil.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Not long now until it all kicks off :cheers:

I think it's gonna be a tough tournament to predict, no clear favourite and all 6 nations quite capable of getting a result on the day.
I would be surprised to see a grand slam winner this time out.

What I do expect to see are some pretty fiery and closely fought games.
Should be an entertaining tournament that's for sure. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

redzonerocker wrote:Should be an entertaining tournament that's for sure. :cheers:
If it's half as entertaining as last year's tournament, I'll be more than happy.
oakdale160 wrote:At the moment I feel that there will be a feeling of anti-climax after WC in which no 6N side made the semis ...
Not my feeling at all - this is a whole different ball game, and the disappointments of the WC will only spur all those involved to do better. A very exciting prospect.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

An interesting squad selection by Jones and good to see the likes of Josh Beaumont in the mix. Certainly an exciting backline - will hopefully lead to some great 6N games....

Forwards: Josh Beaumont (Sale Sharks), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Jamie George (Saracens), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (Wasps), Paul Hill (Northampton Saints), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Matt Kvesic (Gloucester Rugby) *injury replacement for Dave Ewers (Exeter Chiefs), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Matt Mullan (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Henry Thomas (Bath Rugby) *injury replacement for Kieran Brookes (Northampton Saints), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens).

Backs: Chris Ashton (Saracens), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Danny Care (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Ollie Devoto (Bath Rugby) *injury replacement for Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath Rugby), Alex Goode (Saracens), Sam Hill (Exeter Chiefs) *injury replacement for Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Marland Yarde (Harlequins), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

prcscct wrote:Pool now open for the tournament starting in February. I'm just handling the admin, Pharvey will do the colour commentary. :D Pete :cheers:

BUMP...only have 5 players so far. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (185.02 KiB) Viewed 657 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Last bump for this one. We're up to 10 players and the first match is Saturday a week, Feb.6. Pete :cheers:

prcscct wrote:Pool now open for the tournament starting in February. I'm just handling the admin, Pharvey will do the colour commentary. :D Pete :cheers: