UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Post by redzonerocker »

Zidane wrote:Well,after the fourth round of matches it looks all but impossible for Arsenal to qualify after they were thumped 5-1 by Bayern Munich.The home defeat against Olympiacos seems to have done for them,along with the decision not to play Cech for that game.
Not forgetting the defeat in Zagreb :oops:

If (or when :wink: ) Bayern beat Olympiacos in the next game and we beat Zagreb at home, we'll have to win by 2 clear goals at Olympiacos or a 4-3 win :shock:
A 3-2 win ties it on head to head, think it goes on goal difference then, so a big win for us and Bayern would see us sneak through.
A tall order, but by no means impossible and to be fair, after our first two games we hardly deserve it.

Worst case and most daunting scenario is ending up in the Europa league with all the smaller clubs :wink: :mrgreen:

Manchester City already qualified after a surprisingly comfortable 3-1 win in Sevilla.
Manchester United and Chelsea should qualify if they win one more game but United are struggling to score and Chelsea still not the side of last season,although they should surely be capable of a win in Tel Aviv even if Ivanovic plays. :wink:
Good performance from Man C.
Chelsk and Manure should both progress despite their unconvincing performances so far. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I see Arsenals annual injury toll is rising again. Will they be able to field a full team for the next round of games? :roll:
Talk is cheap
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

[quote="Worst case and most daunting scenario is ending up in the Europa league with all the smaller clubs :wink: :mrgreen:

Oh no, not the dreaded Spursday night football :twisted:
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Manchester City will be very pleased with their last 16 Champions League draw,Chelsea less so and Arsenal have got the toughest tie of the lot !

Champions League draw: Arsenal face Barcelona

Arsenal will face holders Barcelona in the Champions League last 16.
Chelsea have been drawn against Paris St-Germain for the third consecutive season in the tournament, and Manchester City face Dynamo Kiev.
Roma versus Real Madrid and Juventus, last year's beaten finalists, against Bayern Munich are two of the standout matches in the draw.
First legs are scheduled to take place on 16-17 and 23-24 February. Return legs are on 8-9 and 15-16 March.
The winners of each group, including Chelsea and Manchester City, are at home in the second legs, while Arsenal will host their first leg.
The draw for the quarter-finals will be held at 11:00 GMT on 18 March with the semi-final line-up drawn on 15 April, also at 12:00 GMT.
Draw in full

Gent v Wolfsburg
Roma v Real Madrid
Paris St-Germain v Chelsea
Arsenal v Barcelona
Juventus v Bayern Munich
PSV Eindhoven v Atletico Madrid
Benfica v Zenit St Petersburg
Dynamo Kiev v Manchester City
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Oooh good, we've got some time to try and regain some form! :D
Talk is cheap
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

It was a small miracle after the first group stage matches that we got to the knock-outs. Now we need a huge miracle to get to top 8.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

caller wrote:Oooh good, we've got some time to try and regain some form! :D
On the evidence of last night,2 months may not be enough.....just concentrate on avoiding relegation from the Premier League instead ! :rasta:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Win win for Arsenal, IF they go through they are heroes, if they lose, well, it was Barcelona.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Very entertaining final last night but...

... Pepe is a little bitch. Have lost all respect for him as a player (and a person). Feigning horrific injury a couple of times after being tapped on the face. He should be extremely embarrassed and ashamed. Could only find one of the incidents on youtube. I was rooting for Real Madrid as I'm still a big fan of Bale but, after Pepe's antics, I switched teams mid-game. Proper twat that lad!