European Championship 2016

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
caller
Hero
Hero

European Championship 2016

Post by caller »

Anyone want to comment on how their team did?

Morale boosting win for England after so many doom laden predictions against what should be our toughest opponents.

But I can't work out what Jack Wilshere is all about at the moment? Doesn't look up to the grade for either Arsenal or England, or even seem to care that much. Strange.
Talk is cheap
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: European Championship 2016

Post by dtaai-maai »

Much better performance all round from England. Definitely should have a had a penalty in the 2nd half. My main criticism is the number of good scoring opportunities they missed.

Agree about Wilshere, but don't really care... :laugh:

I still don't rate Stones as a right back - groom him as a future centre back maybe, but he's got no business playing for England right now.

Sterling is really starting to look the business. A little too easily shrugged off the ball sometimes, but that's about the only chink in his armour.
This is the way
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Finland are in a group, where it might just be possible to finish in top two. This dream was almost killed in the first match, when the mighty Faroe Islands led their home game 1-0 at half time. In the end Finland managed to win 3-1 and so the dream lives on, at least a few more months. :cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

With no Spuds players in the opening line-up and three (possibly four when Gibbs returns) Gunners in the team, I might even start following England more closely. :mrgreen:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Booked tickets to Finland vs Greece and Finland vs Romania in Helsinki on 11. and 14.10. Hopefully it will still be above zero degrees then. :mrgreen:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A solid win for England against footballing giants San Marino last night. A bit of a warm up game, where nobody had to get out of second gear.

In between goals, I found myself researching the arm badges both teams were wearing. Both my son and I thought it was a Bangkok Hospital emblem, and an elephant's head until I'd discovered the truth.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Germany 1-1 R. of Ireland
Poland 2-2 Scotland
Greece 0-2 N. Ireland

What's happening?:shock: :shock: And Wales are looking good in their group.

What are the odds on a full house at Euro 16 for the British Home Nations and Ireland? A lot shorter than they were a few months ago, that's for sure!

Too bad Gibraltar are letting the side down... :laugh:
This is the way
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Euro Champ Qualifier - England v Lithuania

Post by Chazz14 »

This game is scheduled for a 0245 KO (Thai time) on Saturday 28/03.

Does anyone know which Thai channel is showing it?

Is there an online English language Thai TV guide somewhere on the Net?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Was around a mate's house last night and was forced into watching the Wendyball... more embarrassingly, I actually enjoyed it!! :oops:

Wales 1 vs Belgium 0....... obviously my enjoyment was based on very biased reasons!! :thumb:

Wales now top their group and could well be on course to be a part of a major tournament for the first time in close to 60 years.... Rumour has it that Wales' win over 2nd placed Belgium in the FIFA World Rankings will now put them above England... whaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :neener: :butt: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I read on Yahoo News that a coach driver from Belgium typed in "Wales" on his satnav and finished up in Wales which apparently is a small village in South Yorkshire. Bet they wished they had never made the ko in time.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

pharvey wrote: Rumour has it that Wales' win over 2nd placed Belgium in the FIFA World Rankings will now put them above England... whaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :neener: :butt: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:
FIFA world rankings?? about a credible as . . . . . :idea: FIFA itself! :mrgreen:

Good win for Wales though and I really do hope they qualify. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I wish one day, there will be Nordic Championship competition and the top 16 of the countries will enter the finals. There may only six countries that belong to this group but at least this way Finland might have a chance to qualify. Finland vs Hungary 0-1. When will the premier league start?
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Maybe I should have watched the royal wedding in Sweden instead. Probably more entertaining than the above match.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Wow,not been many posts on this thread......apathy towards our national teams ?
But England,Wales and N.Ireland have already qualified and,maybe now,the Republic of Ireland as well.

On a sombre note....after the shocking terror attacks in Paris,security for Euro 2016 in France is going to be one major headache.
10 venues for the matches.....hundreds of fans enjoying a drink before and after the game....they could be sitting ducks for some determined fanatic(s). :(
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Bamboo Grove wrote:With no Spuds players in the opening line-up and three (possibly four when Gibbs returns) Gunners in the team, I might even start following England more closely. :mrgreen:
Fortunately, this isn't the case now, and Spurs' players are the backbone of the team - hence we actually looked bloody good against Germany.

Our young Spurs lads are our only chance of a good showing in the Euros. Alli was outstanding, albeit he missed a sitter to make it 2-3. Danny Rose looked more than comfortable in his role. Harry Kane did what Harry Kane does - first name on the team sheet and Eric Dier, well, he won it for us in the dying stages!

The other lads all did a good job too, of course. If Roy starts with Rooney and Wiltshere I think the moans and groans of the nation will be too much to ignore. Rooney could go as kind of a team mascot, maybe. Wilshere's gotta stay at home, surely.

Got a good feeling about this England team - not often one can say that.

:cheers: