European Championship 2016

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Re: European Championship 2016

Post by Zidane »

Many congratulations to the Welsh ! A thoroughly deserved victory ! :cheers:
Portugal look a dreary side and have yet to win a game over 90 minutes in this tournament!
If they can beat Belgium they must fancy there chances against the Portugese,even without Ramsey and Davies.
And Robson-Kanu.....what a star....he's currently without a club.....maybe Arsenal will sign him up,now they have missed out on Vardy ! :wink:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Just like Iceland, Wales have shown what can be achieved with hard graft and team work.

Credit where it's due, fully deserved victory and a semi final to look forward to :shock: . . . . . . :cheers: :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

In terms of technical ability, I doubt the Welsh are any better than the English team, but certainly last night, everybody gave 150%, literally as though their lives depended on it. If they play like that against Portugal, we should be cheering them on in the final.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Incredible performance by Wales - huge passion! :thumb: :bow:

Have to admit to feeling slightly "delicate" this morning...... :oops:

I know I'm not fully understanding of the rules of the game, but thought a couple of the Yellow Cards were a bit harsh - will certainly put Wales under further pressure against Portugal losing players to suspension. :cry:

Still, "Don't be scared to dream"!!

Wales v Germany final anyone? We could have our own "1966" - I'd just hope it wouldn't take so long to repeat...(or even get close)!! :duck:

Interesting to see the combined salaries of the three Welsh goalscorers total less than 25% of Rooney's..... :roll:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Come on Wales! I'm a massive Bale fan (as has already been mentioned many times) so my obvious choice of support, after the usual collapse of the English - went straight to the Welsh lads.

Missing a few players next game but, as has been said, it's not 'a few players' that make their team. It's the whole team.

Now if only the next English manager could adopt that attitude... :banghead:

:cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

...future jersey for the Germans.....

http://www.der-postillon.com/2016/07/df ... .html#more

:thumb:
Greets,
Phyton
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

The final was a bit harum scarum with not a lot of skill on show, as for Pogba being valued at hundred million pounds by Juventus, he did OK but not to that extent.