The Open

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

The Open

Post by hhfarang »

Surprised none of you golfers have mentioned The Open that just finished yesterday. Congratulations to Rory Mcllroy for not only winning, but crushing it. He shot 4 consecutive under par rounds for an aggregate total of 17 under par.

The only negative comment I have is that The Open, which is considered the Major of the Majors by most golfing enthusiasts (outside America :D ) should be played at a more difficult course. None of the 4 major events in golf should end with the winner at -17 and so many other players under par. This is supposed to be a test of the best and should be won by anyone who can end up with 4 rounds around par imho.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: The Open

Post by richard »

hhf

Agree. Many golf clubs would like to extend the length of holes but that requires additional land and often that land is occupied by luxurious homes built specifically around a golf course. Guess the only other option is to knock the par value of holes down. Then there is the issue of who is the course built for? Amateurs or professionals. Nicky Price and the Royal Harare Golf course in Zimbabwe ran into that problem. The majority of patrons with the most dosh were low to middle handicap players so when NP altered the course to suit professional competition standards there was an uproar.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.