The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by pharvey »

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear you were a bit depressed and considering quitting the forum.... don't do it for God's sake, supporters of the game played in heaven are hard to come by!! :D

Unfortunately I'm based in China at the moment so the "club" is restricted to the forum and I have to rely on others uploading matches to YouTube (such as the Super 15), or scouring the Internet in search of live streams when the rugby is on.

So I have reason to be jealous of you on 2 fronts, 1. Already being based in Hua Hin (I can only make it once or twice a year at present) and 2. You get live rugby on TV - damn you man!! :D

I have caught a couple of live games when I've been in Hua Hin previously, so would suggest you do the same for the Super 15 Final, or the up and coming Rugby Championship - a lot of the matches will be on at a decent hour being played in New Zealand/Australia (obviously the games played in South Africa/Argentina may not be). You're bound to catch up with a few fellow supporters!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Just got to watch the 2 semi-finals myself.... WOW! Seriously exciting rugby - for those who struggle (like myself) with streams on You Tube, use IDM (Internet Download Manager). I've used IDM to record the 2 games and have watched via a media player on the TV tonight - absolutely superb!

Even for you non-believers ( :D ) - some great moments in these games. BB - I hope you are taking a look.... makes the Premiership Rugby look a tad slow :neener: .

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Super Rugby Final - Full Match: - Sharks vs Chiefs

Enjoy :cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Capture.JPG
The Rugby Championship, formally the Tri-Nations, sees Argentina join the three southern hemisphere powerhouses of Australia, New Zealand and South-Africa.

The Championship kicks off with the current Tr-Nations Champions Australia taking on the World Champions New Zealand at the ANZ Stadium, Sydney.

A pool has been setup on Superbru, so for anyone interested, simply follow the details below: -

http://www.superbru.com/rugbychampionsh ... p=11007529

Pool name: HHAD Rugby Championship
Pool code: soarslav

Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

pharvey wrote:
Capture.JPG
The Rugby Championship, formally the Tri-Nations, sees Argentina join the three southern hemisphere powerhouses of Australia, New Zealand and South-Africa.

The Championship kicks off with the current Tr-Nations Champions Australia taking on the World Champions New Zealand at the ANZ Stadium, Sydney.

A pool has been setup on Superbru, so for anyone interested, simply follow the details below: -

http://www.superbru.com/rugbychampionsh ... p=11007529

Pool name: HHAD Rugby Championship
Pool code: soarslav
I'm in... :D
www.35mmview.com
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There's a pattern already in my mind. The challenge is going to be the matches between South Africa and Australia, with NZ definitely first and Argentina definitely last......IMO. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I'm off to a flying start... :dance:

Let's hope it stays that way... :laugh:
www.35mmview.com
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Randy Cornhole wrote:I'm off to a flying start... :dance:

Let's hope it stays that way... :laugh:
Fat Lady mate.... Fat Lady....

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

For those who would like to watch the games........ REMEMBER, can be downloaded through IDM free of charge and watched later...

2012 4 Nations Rugby Rd 1 Australia vs New Zealand (Full) : -

2012 4 Nations Rugby Rd 1 South Africa vs Argentina (Full)

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Love the rugby too!

True Gold package on Ch 107 has every game you need to see from every country basically incl UK Premier club games...all internationals incl 6 Nations ,the new 4 Nations currently this Sat just gone S.Africa v Argentina & Aus v NZ-so get down to True office & subscribe!

If anyone's up to forming a Rugby pub/venue so we can all meet up would be great -any pub owners out there willing to show the international matches as a priority over the footie at w/e's or at least have a tv with sound on dedicated to the rugby ? In Chiang Mai we had UN Irish pub ......
Bruce

Re: Rugby thread

Post by Bruce »

Is it possible to organise a Pub that we Rugby Union lovers can call our own club like UN Irish pub in Chiang Mai,Jamesons in Pattaya & Lazy Coconut in Samui?

Any pub/bar owners out there interested-must be able to guarantee at least 1 TV with sound at weekend for rugby lovers -regardlesss of football /other sports showing at the same time? The aforementioned pubs all do great extra business because of the rugby & indeed cricket fans.

Anyone up for it ?!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Unfortunately I'm not yet based in HH, but it would be great to have a pub to meet & have a jar or 3 with fellow supporters of the game. "MajorBloodnok" was certainly up for joining a group Bruce, so you'll not be alone!!

Heading back to the UK in a week or so, so looking forward to catching a live game or 2!! :cheers: :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here's the final for the Championship. RZR does it again. He's winning too many of these pools, we need an investigation. :D Pete :cheers:

1 - redzonerocker 15.83
2 - Randy 14.00
3 - morgannwg 13.83
4 ▲ 1 pharvey 12.83
5 ▲ 1 pooley 12.00
6 ▼ 2 Dai_L 12.00
7 - oz 12.00
8 - Pete 11.50
9 - Benks 0.00
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

prcscct wrote:Here's the final for the Championship. RZR does it again. He's winning too many of these pools, we need an investigation. :D Pete :cheers:

1 - redzonerocker 15.83
2 - Randy 14.00
3 - morgannwg 13.83
4 ▲ 1 pharvey 12.83
5 ▲ 1 pooley 12.00
6 ▼ 2 Dai_L 12.00
7 - oz 12.00
8 - Pete 11.50
9 - Benks 0.00
:neener: :laugh:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Thanks for posting that Pete - I've been neglecting the Captain's duties.......... No doubt due to the state of the Welsh regions in the Heineken Cup :( :(

Anywho, congrats to RZR once again.......... not that an investigation is not forthcoming!

By the way, the Autumn Internationals are almost upon us, so there'll be another pool available shortly if anybody is interested.