The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by PeteC »

Ireland vs New Zealand coming up again next round. This will be tough to pick but I can't see the All Blacks losing to them again???? :? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

Thanks for the streaming links Pharvey. I managed to watch the England v SA game on my Netbook - it froze a couple of times but overall was pretty watchable and no complaints about the result! Boks obviously not firing on all cylinders but a convincing performance from England who do have significant absences do to injury.

Regards to all Rugby fans
Sabai Jai
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

prcscct wrote:You should be happy today Pharvey, even though you're probably nursing a hangover! :D Pete :cheers:
Indeed, probably more so on the latter though :oops:

A much improved performance by Wales (not difficult), but still some worrying issues. They dominated possession for long periods, were a man up for 10 mins, yet came close to throwing the match away. Fair play to the Argentinian defence (despite some very "professional" play), but God's Own should have done a lot more - a win is a win however, and after last weekend's debacle I'll take it! :thumb:

Have to mention standout performances by AWJ and Liam Williams.... Welcome back!! :bow:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

MajorBloodnok wrote:Dear Pharvey & dtaii-maii, :)

thanks for the information. :D
Was not aware of this free-streaming site! :o
Sabai Jai wrote:Thanks for the streaming links Pharvey. i
You're both very much welcome! :thumb: Hope you enjoyed the game(s)!!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I bet we see this "new method" of kicking show up in the pro ranks, Union and League. :D Pete :cheers:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/37995114
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Enjoyed that Pete! :thumb:

Always remember Mark Ring getting in hot water for "back heeling" a conversion for Cardiff RFC some years back. Hell of a talented player, but constantly got himself on the wrong side of the rugby "authorities"....... :wink:

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Yet another cracking weekend of rugby ahead - thank God the LHG is still away!! :wink: :D

This weekend's fixtures: -
19.11.PNG
20.11.PNG
20.11.PNG (14.47 KiB) Viewed 426 times
As always, streaming available on http://cricfree.sx/, BBC (Wales vs Japan) available at http://www.filmon.com/tv/bbc-one

HHF Prediction League as it stands: -
SB.PNG
SB.PNG (16.48 KiB) Viewed 426 times
RZR - Isn't it about time you forgot to make your bl**dy picks!!! :banghead: :cuss: :wink:

Enjoy!! :cheers: :cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

pharvey wrote:
RZR - Isn't it about time you forgot to make your bl**dy picks!!! :banghead: :cuss: :wink:
I wish I had of done :shock:

Ps Looks like Pete's( :twisted: ) been dabbling with the black arts this round :twisted: :laugh:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

redzonerocker wrote:
pharvey wrote:
I wish I had of done :shock:

Ps Looks like Pete's( :twisted: ) been dabbling with the black arts this round :twisted: :laugh:
Just call me Merlin. :naughty: It won't last, still 2 rounds to go and looking briefly at Round 4, it is far from easy to decide on the majority IMO.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

prcscct wrote:
Just call me Merlin. :naughty: It won't last, still 2 rounds to go and looking briefly at Round 4, it is far from easy to decide on the majority IMO.
I'm sure Lucifer :twisted: will point you in the right direction :wink: :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What is it with these Barbarian teams? You hear and read little about them but they knock off teams you never expect they could or would. :banghead: Pete :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

prcscct wrote:What is it with these Barbarian teams? You hear and read little about them but they knock off teams you never expect they could or would. :banghead: Pete :cheers:
Somewhat dying a death these days in a very congested rugby season, but traditionally playing the Baa-baas was the final game for a touring side to the British Isles. Whilst still fielding some great players these days, in years past, Baa-baas teams were made up of some incredible players - the 1973 side to beat the AB's in Cardiff the most famous of all. Reading through both team-sheets from that day is quite something.

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, yet another great weekend of rugby ahead - Australia looking to end their tour unbeaten, England looking very good ( :roll: ), Wales MUST end on a high against an inexperienced Bok side, Scotland looking to improve their rankings and the Blackness...... well, looking to do what they normally do!!

For the love of God Wales - turn up this weekend!!
26.11.16.PNG
27.11.PNG
27.11.PNG (16.24 KiB) Viewed 298 times
Enjoy!!

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

pharvey wrote:
prcscct wrote:What is it with these Barbarian teams? You hear and read little about them but they knock off teams you never expect they could or would. :banghead: Pete :cheers:
Somewhat dying a death these days in a very congested rugby season, but traditionally playing the Baa-baas was the final game for a touring side to the British Isles. Whilst still fielding some great players these days, in years past, Baa-baas teams were made up of some incredible players - the 1973 side to beat the AB's in Cardiff the most famous of all. Reading through both team-sheets from that day is quite something.

I saw that game on tv, festival rugby at its best. Pete, notice the Barbarians wear their own club`s socks.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

arcadianagain wrote:I saw that game on tv, festival rugby at its best. Pete, notice the Barbarians wear their own club`s socks.
My father "was there" and never stops boasting about it!! I unfortunately was too young to see (or at least remember) it live, but have seen it many times since in "various locations" :wink: :thumb:

Perfectly correct with club socks, and another is that the Baa-baas traditionally include an "uncapped player".

The thing with the Baa-baas is that traditionally they will not play by usual standards - their mentality is to play pure running rugby - we're missing that a bit these days. :(