How did you find Hua Hin Forum?

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.

How did you find this site

Web Search
72%
Read a Poster
2%
Referred by Somebody
15%
Other
11%

Total votes: 427

Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Farang, dont be facetious :mrgreen:

Welcome to all the latest posters here, hope to see you on HHAD more, don't be shy ... post away!
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

'
Thou shalt not be facetious?

Yes, you are right. While I just mean a friendly nudge, it can easily be misconstrued as a full-blown tackle.

However, I do not think I can mend my ways, sorry
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'm not offended, what happened was that I was told I couldn't post a message so soon after the 1st one - the poll - so I waited a bit and sent it again and surprise, surprise, the 1st one was there after all! Oh well. Farang owes me a beer for when I'm next in HH!!! :cheers:
pennyante
Novice
Novice

Re: Recently registered users ...

Post by pennyante »

Bangkokney wrote:I've been a member on this site for a while now and for most of that time the membership here has been relatively static, however in very recent times membership is growing pretty much on a daily basis :thumb:

Could new users please put my mind at rest and let us know how you found this site ?

Was it via a web search looking for Thailand/HH info ?

Did you find our merry little crowd after seeing one of the posters around HH ?

The new version of this site is head and shoulders above the previous incarnation and should be getting more hits.

The posters are a great idea and should be attracting people to this site.

Both the above improvements were introduced at about the same time as the membership growth ...

LEV : Hope you don't mind me conducting this poll.

Just Curious.
I found this site searching the internet for info on Hua Hin. Will be moving there in September, so will be on the site quite a bit searching for lots of help on everything once I get hooked up.
Bardic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bardic »

I was doing some research for a new novel when I happened to see an article in a magazine that mentioned your website.
Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember the name of the magazine or who wrote it.
What I do remember was that the author made your website, and your community, sound fascinating. He was definitely on the right track there!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We'd be interested to find out what magazine it was. What was the article about specifically?
Bardic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bardic »

The article was about expats living in Asia. Specifically military retirees moving to Asia rather than remain in the US.
I'll see if I can find that magazine again somewhere.
KwaiYai
Novice
Novice

Post by KwaiYai »

Saw a poster on a bog wall in a bar.
Pomme Ruk Kwai
Chas
Banned
Banned

how I found the site

Post by Chas »

I have lived in Cha am and Hua Hin for the last three years or so and not until a day or two ago did I find the site by accident while searching out info on Hua Hin. I don't do the bar scene, unless you count dancing til close at the Hilton on a regular basis, so I never saw a poster.

Excellent site for general information on the town. . .found out a lot more about that new shopping center! And it is great to hear other people's experiences living here. As well, have been looking at realty in the area and find your experiences helpful to read through.

OK. Is everybody here a Brit? This American feels a bit like I have logged into some corner of the Empire!! Not a complaint at all. . .terrific sense of humor you lads and posts are fun to read. . .though very occasionlly mystifying.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Welcome Chas,
Please note that we do not allow American spelling of English words on this forum. :cheers:
Seriously though, look forward to your input.
Chas
Banned
Banned

Thanks for welcome

Post by Chas »

Thanks for the words of welcome! Must add that I am just as comfortable with British spelling as American, having taught for many, many years in the very remotest corner of the British Empire and prepared countless students for A and O levels! No proublem!! :cheers:
thesaint
Novice
Novice

Post by thesaint »

It was mention somewhere in the Observer, I belive it is November issue.
That how I found HHAD!
Knocker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Knocker »

Like many (I suspect) I have been a lurker on here for some time. I think I found it originally from a google web search.
hannibaldobbs
Rookie
Rookie

Finding Hua Hin After Dark Website

Post by hannibaldobbs »

It has been awhile. I honestly can't remember how I found this site.

It may have been mentioned on the Nana Plaza site in response to a post there.

I was looking for modest/medium priced hotels in Hua Hin.

Or . . . I could have done a Google search for hotels in Hua Hin and this site came up or was mentioned in that search.

And on a more current note. I would like to have one of those three houses pictured above (today anyway) for sale in Hua Hin.

Let's see . . . 2.5 million baht equals . . . how many Euros/Dollars?
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

2.5 million baht = approx GBP35,700 or approx $62,500 or approx € ?? - I thinkthe same as dollars roughly.