Arriving in November

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
PaulV
Novice
Novice

Arriving in November

Post by PaulV »

Hi, short introduction:

Have recently purchased a house in Hua Hin and will be arriving in November with family. We are all from UK, wife Nicola and 8 year old daughter Sophie. School arranged at Hua Hin International and will be renting house until own property is finished in March. I play golf (big shock that the courses helped us decide) and will be looking for courses/groups to play regularly. No plans to work in the short term but always open to offers to keep the mind/bills ticking over.

Any advice, top tips or general information welcome to make the transition easier.

Paul.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: Arriving in November

Post by musungu »

On the golf side I play at LakeView which has 36 holes and a single membership valid until 2023 and can be purchased for bht95,000 at present. There is a Members Club too that plays Mon Wed & Fri. It is good value and about 10/15 mins from Black Mountain
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
PaulV
Novice
Novice

Post by PaulV »

musungu wrote:On the golf side I play at LakeView which has 36 holes and a single membership valid until 2023 and can be purchased for bht95,000 at present. There is a Members Club too that plays Mon Wed & Fri. It is good value and about 10/15 mins from Black Mountain
Thanks for the advice. Is LakeView North of Black Mountain? I will be staying close to Banyan so trying to work out distances. Does membership include green fees? Any advice appreciated.

Paul.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Welcome to the forum, please see here for all golf related topics: viewforum.php?f=45
PaulV
Novice
Novice

Post by PaulV »

Thank you Lev.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Yes Paul, Lakeview membership also includes green fees - other clubs have memberships and all have an annual Maintenance Fee. These vary from Bht12,000 (at Lakeview)) to about Bht40,000

The closest to you is obviously Banyan followed by Sea Pines - with lakeView, Springfield and Majestic all about 25 mins if your new house is on 112
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
PaulV
Novice
Novice

Post by PaulV »

Thanks for the advice. Will check all out in November. Thanks again.