Seeking my brother in Hua Hin

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Seeking my brother in Hua Hin

Post by caller »

I recall reading that article in the Guardian and the photo of the note the family left. I recall reading your sisters message and just never put two and two together. Sounds like your Dad was one of the good guy's and sorry to hear of your loss in such tragic circumstances.

My sister lived in Hong Kong when our Dad died, leaving my Mum a widow. I was 21 and my sister was 25. She had commitments in HK and I was in the UK to keep an eye on Mum, who eventually, in due course, created a whole new life for herself, even becoming an activist for pensioners groups! My Mother, whilst sad to see my sister go, understood she had moved on and supported her need to return. She wouldn't have accepted anything else. And we got together to send mum out for some great holidays, which she loved.
Talk is cheap
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Bamboo Grove wrote:
Can I ask...if you were in my position, would you return to Thailand?
IMHO, yes. Why wouldn´t you if you feel that's where you want to be and you have no family obligations to prevent you from leaving England.
From personal experience this is good advice. Pick up your life from where it left off and then move on to what you want to do.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Terrible news for you and your family, such a tragic accident.
You don't know me but I see you walking around often we have exchanged a "morning" a few times. You always seem to be very happy here, I think your dad would do what makes you happy and I am sure that your family would think the same.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I don't think it's a question you can really ask on on the forum.
Nothing will ever prepare you for loosing a parent through illness or any loved family member.
To loose a family member to a tragic accident is different in the respect of not expected through
illness.
PM me if you wish to chat I am based on the south coast not very far away and been married to a Thai for ten years.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Sorry to hear of your loss. Your Dad was obviously a wonderful person, and I'm sure he would want you to be as happy as you possibly can be, and if that means moving to Thailand, then I think you should follow your heart.. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I think that it is ok to ask the forum that question. We are all different when it comes to grief. Quite naturally you are worried for your Mum, leaving her, especially when it has come as such a shock to you all. It has nothing to do with being "a being big lad" as previously written. That is a silly statement, we are never big or brave when we loose someone dear to us. Quite obviously you are distressed and shocked by this dreadful tragic accident. I still shed the occasional tear for both my Mum & Dad and they died some years back. I was blessed with lovely parents, not everyone is that lucky.
My opinion is that you should carry on with your plans, return to Thailand, if that is where you want to be. You may have a girlfriend there, so will want maybe to be with her.
The raw pain will go eventually, it takes time. Your Mum will have support of your sister hopefully and other family members. If she is active, maybe she can come out to you, when she is feeling up to things and visit you. You can also plan to go back maybe next year to see her.
The world is getting smaller these days and with the internet and Skype it makes life a lot easier. Set up a computer and teach her (if she does not know) how to log into Skype, she can have face to face chats with you which will be a great comfort to her. Also keep in touch every week, Mum's worry like mad when you don't!
I do hope everything works out for you, you seem like a thoughtful nice young man.