Trying to find a Mr Joseph E Warren

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
micass
Novice
Novice

Trying to find a Mr Joseph E Warren

Post by micass »

Hi my name is Mike and I live in Pattaya. I am posting this in an attempt to contact the following person who may be a member or not.

Today I received a letter sent from the USA to a Mr Joseph E Warren who resides at 206 Moo1 Soi Watnichol, Nongplub Road, Thumbol Hin Lek Fai. If any Forum member can assist me in contacting Mr Warren I would be very pleased. I searched the internet and found that the search led me to HuaHin.

I do not know if this letter is important but I would like to send it on to this gentleman in case it is. It did not have a postcode so it finished up in Pattaya in my neighbors postbox :( . He kindly passed it to me as it is addressed in English.

I will respond to all posts or PM's

Thanking you in anticipation
micass
Novice
Novice

Re: Trying to find a Mr Joseph E Warren

Post by micass »

I just noticed that as a new member I cannot use the PM facility so if anyone needs to contact me please advise with a reply to this post only
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I believe all postcodes for HH are 77110. To be sure put the province as well - Prachuabkirikhan.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

micass wrote:Hi my name is Mike and I live in Pattaya. I am posting this in an attempt to contact the following person who may be a member or not.

Today I received a letter sent from the USA to a Mr Joseph E Warren who resides at 206 Moo1 Soi Watnichol, Nongplub Road, Thumbol Hin Lek Fai. If any Forum member can assist me in contacting Mr Warren I would be very pleased. I searched the internet and found that the search led me to HuaHin.

I do not know if this letter is important but I would like to send it on to this gentleman in case it is. It did not have a postcode so it finished up in Pattaya in my neighbors postbox :( . He kindly passed it to me as it is addressed in English.

I will respond to all posts or PM's

Thanking you in anticipation
I think that adding the right Postcode > 77110, you could give the letter to the postman or take it to the post office.
The address seems correct although > 206 Moo 1 Soi Wat NiKho Tharam < is better than Watnichol...
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I would also suggest removing the 'Nong Phlub Road' part of the address, that'll just confuse matters as Thai people don't generally do addresses based on where the road goes (and Nong Phlub is quite far from Wat Nikhro Tharam).

206, Moo1, Hin Lek Fai, Hua Hin, 77110 should be accurate enough. The wat is quite near the Fishing Lodge, maybe Terry will be able to give you the local area name (between Moo1 and Hin Lek Fai there might be another 'zone')
micass
Novice
Novice

Post by micass »

Thanks to all the good advice, I will send the letter as Frank proposed. hopefully it will arrive safely.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

The address probably should include Wat Nikhro Tharam but not Nong Phlub.

206, Moo 1, Soi Wat Nikhro Tharam, Hin Lek Fai, Hua Hin, 77110.

There's probably a few Moo 1's around Hin Lek Fai but only one off Soi Wat Nikhro Tharam.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've tried to get in touch with Mr. Warren but I've had no reply, he lives near to me but I'm not in Thailand at the moment so if you don't mind sending the letter on, I'm sure he'll be grateful, the correct address is:

206 Moo 1,
Nong Khon,
Hin Lek Fai,
Hua Hin,
Prachup Khirikhan,
Thailand 77110.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

Frank Hovis wrote:There's probably a few Moo 1's around Hin Lek Fai but only one off Soi Wat Nikhro Tharam.
Sorry Frank, I think that there should be only one Moo 1 in the Tambon (=subdistrict) Hin Lek Fai, since "moo" is a subdivision of "tambon".

Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, the letter will certainly reach the adressee and maybe in the future every address will have GPS coordinates that really help when you are looking for some place in Thailand.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

The definition should go

House Number
Village Number (Moo)
Sub Area (Tambon)
Area (Kwang/Tessabaan/Tambon)
District (Amphoe)
Province (Changwat)

So in this case it should be
Moo 1
Nong Khon
Hin Lek Fai
Hua Hin
Prachuab Khiri Khan

BUT ... as TIT Area/Tambon means something different depending on where you are.

Hin Lek Fai is a large division covering a lot of area, Nong Phlub is still in Hin Lek Fai I think. Black Mountain golf course is also included.

If Hin Lek Fai was the smallest sub-division then there would be MooBaan with Moo numbers of 123 and that just doesn't happen, I don't think I've ever seen a Moo number greater than 9 (I'm sure I'll be corrected) so multiple Moo 1 in Hin Lek Fai is inevitable, there will not be more than one Moo 1 in Nong Khon.

It's not at all clear to me either.
micass
Novice
Novice

Post by micass »

Steve G, as you are a friend of Mr Warren I will send to the address you stated. For all others may I send my deepest thanks for all your input, it is heatwarming you making the effort to assist me. If I can be of assistance to any of you all in the future then please let me know. Hopefully the mods will allow me PM's ability soon so you can contact me privately. I am going downtown soon to re-post this letter. Best regards to all. :cheers:
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

Frank Hovis wrote: Hin Lek Fai is a large division covering a lot of area, Nong Phlub is still in Hin Lek Fai I think. Black Mountain golf course is also included.

If Hin Lek Fai was the smallest sub-division then there would be MooBaan with Moo numbers of 123 and that just doesn't happen, I don't think I've ever seen a Moo number greater than 9 (I'm sure I'll be corrected) so multiple Moo 1 in Hin Lek Fai is inevitable, there will not be more than one Moo 1 in Nong Khon.

It's not at all clear to me either.
I still think tha HIN LEK FAI being the TAMBON, cannot have more than one MOO 1 and I know a few adresses with : Moo 12-15-17 as this one, where I lived 5 years ago :
138 moo 18 Tambon Chum Het | Amphoe Muang, Buriram 31000, Thaïlande.

Just for info, not trying to be right at all costs :D
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I'd never seen a Moo greater than 9 before - I knew I would be corrected :)
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

micass wrote:Steve G, as you are a friend of Mr Warren I will send to the address you stated. For all others may I send my deepest thanks for all your input, it is heatwarming you making the effort to assist me. If I can be of assistance to any of you all in the future then please let me know. Hopefully the mods will allow me PM's ability soon so you can contact me privately. I am going downtown soon to re-post this letter. Best regards to all. :cheers:
Thank you for taking the time to try and find him, I'm sure he will appreciate your efforts.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

Frank Hovis wrote:I'd never seen a Moo greater than 9 before - I knew I would be corrected :)
I think you will be interested in this :

http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B8%AD% ... 4%E0%B8%99

I attach an extract :)
Attachments
DISTRICT OF HUAHIN.jpg