Aus voting

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
ras
Novice
Novice

Aus voting

Post by ras »

Hello - I am new to the HH Forum, although I've been here for some years. I have a question that doesn't seem to fit into any particular forum, regarding overseas Australian voting:

I have registered as an overseas voter for the next Australian Federal election, and having received my voting papers find that I need another Australian to witness my signature on these papers. If any other Aus on the electoral roll is out there - would you care to assist me (perhaps over a beer or two...)?

I would be very grateful for any replies - thanks in advance,

ras
dragonseeker
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Aus voting

Post by dragonseeker »

I'm on the roll but not registered as an overseas voter. I plan a day in Bangkok where I can make my mark at the embassy. If you swing by Soi Sarawat (behind soi 80) and stop at Laila's Guesthouse. Ask for Will and if I'm home, I will be happy to witness.
ras
Novice
Novice

Post by ras »

Thanks for your reply, Will - could you please call me on 032 653 126 to arrange a suitable time to meet? Thanks again, ras
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

It is interesting that in Aus voting is compulsary so there is a 94% turnout as opposed to less than 505 in the land of the free and home of the brave, the great defender of democracy.

I do think that in Ausi n particular but in ALL countries there should be a box to tick--NONE OF THE ABOVE