PT and yoga teacher considering to move to Hua Hin

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Manu
Novice
Novice

PT and yoga teacher considering to move to Hua Hin

Post by Manu »

Hi everyone,
New here, considering to make a move to Hua Hin. I am a young but very experienced yoga and fitness instructor. I wonder about the demand and interest about fitness personal training sessions and yoga classes for the expat community in Hua Hin. This is my job and I wonder if I would be able to make a living in here. I'm in here right now visiting the place and it doesn't look very busy. Anyone interested? Any Information, tips or advice? Your help would be much appreciated.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Re: PT and yoga teacher considering to move to Hua Hin

Post by Vital Spark »

Hi Manu, and welcome to the forum.

In answer to your question, sadly you cannot legally do that kind of work in Thailand (as a non-Thai). If you do decide to risk it, you also risk being arrested and deported.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Sorry VS, I don't see that as one of the prohibited occupations. I have friend who does fitness training and has all the necessary paperwork. i.e. work permit etc.
Have I missed something?
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

You're right HHT - I think I misunderstood his intentions. However, he will surely have to find work with a Thai company to get the work permit - he won't be able (legally) to be self-employed.

OK, Manu, I don't want to destroy your dreams. Perhaps you could contact the hotels or fitness centres to be employed by them doing what you love.

Good luck.

VS
Edit: Don't apply for a job at Hua Hin Football Club as a fitness instructor... :wink:
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Also check with the gyms. There's a new one on Canal road just north of Soi 58.
Manu
Novice
Novice

Post by Manu »

Hi,
Thanks for your thoughts.
I have been doing this kind of job in thailand for three years now so I know for certain that it is not illegal. Of course, in terms of paperwork I also know what is required. I have my own thai based company which provides me a work permit.
@HHTel, does your fitness instructor friend work in Hua Hin?
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Thai fitness professionals start to get very well educated and trained with education both in Thailand and from abroad so unless you have something very new to put into the Fitness/activity trend I think it can be difficult to get well paid fixed position. Part time maybe for some who want yoga/fitness teaching at their home. Just my two pennies worth.
Sea206
Novice
Novice

Post by Sea206 »

I'm new to the forum, and a bit late responding, but I love Yoga and I'd certainly be interested if the quality of instruction was good. I especially like instructors that take the time to get to know the needs and physical limitations of each of their students, and don't push them beyond safety limits, and don't just treat it like exercise, but respect the meditative aspects as well.