Do something good for Christmas - Give Blood

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Do something good for Christmas - Give Blood

Post by Big Boy »

For anybody interested, there will be a Blood Donor Session run by the Red Cross at Market Village on Christmas Day. The session will run from 11:30 to 15:30.
Attachments
blood.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Do something good for Christmas - Give Blood

Post by HHTel »

I would love to participate. I was a regular blood doner in the UK. However, the Red Coss's initiative has very bad timing. Farangs , especially the Brits, will be enjoying Christmas lunch during that time. I'm sure they would have had a greater response the following day.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Yes, I don't think it could possibly be timed worse. Who thunk that date and time up? I'd be happy to otherwise, but I have a feeling my blood wouldn't be accepted. The amount of rubbish that's flowed through it has probably made it worthless. :wink:

But yes, because of the timing, I won't even be contemplating it. :banghead:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Scrap some of that last post. Just realised (I can be slow sometimes) that it's aiming for Thai people to come donate, not westerners. I'm sure many will too as Thais, of course, don't celebrate Christmas.

:idea:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Kind of close to topic, but does anyone know if there is a blood bank in Hua Hin? Recently found out I'm group O negative which is very rare in Asia, so would like to store some if possible.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think you need to go to the Red Cross near the Tessebahn - they will advise, if they aren't the right people. They often do donor sessions there.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Or you can go to Hua Hin Hospital, they take blood donations starting from 08:00 to 17:00, get there early though as the queue can be horrendous.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think this is a plea for 'special' blood groups (with contact number):
ตอนนี้ นายณัฐพล พรหมเชื้อ "พี่กั๊ก"เนื่องจากวัน26 ที่ผ่านมาเค้ามีไขขึ้น เลยยังไม่ได้รับการผ่าตัด แต่จะต้องรับการผ่าตัดในวันที่30 ที่จะถึงนี้ เลือดยังไม่พอเลยใครน้ำหนัก 50 + ? ไม่กินเหล้าเป็นประจำ ช่วยบริจาคเลือดให้พี่เค้าหน่อย เนื่องจากประสบอุบัติเหตุ ต้องการเลือดกรุ๊ป
Bing Translation wrote:Now Mr. prom no infections "was shot" because of the past 26 days, there are more edit layout but have not yet received the surgery but will need surgery for the upcoming 30 blood is not enough at all, who weighs 50 + "not eat blood donations to help the Cooper brothers and little layout due to accident. To many leading blood group O-A 5 519 beds, located at Hua Hin hospital. Who will donate contact 92-8929298 (Auntie RIN)
The Google translation includes a clause for donors, "Do not drink regularly."

Points 48; Position 18
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

O negative is very valuable blood, O negs are Universal Donors as their blood can be given to anybody.
If you donate blood it only has a shelf life of a few weeks. What is really nice is to have O neg donors who are willing to be called for emergencies. I am sure that the red cross would value you volunteering to do this.
in westerner the incidence of Neg blood is about 18%, in Asians less than 2% so we westerners can be a valuable ásset' to a blood bank.