Thai national's health insurance

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Thai national's health insurance

Post by migrant »

As some may have read we are planning the move next year. Along with Mrs m (who I'm stuck with) I also get her mother (who is actually a great lady and am happy to have her with us).

Mom has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, the whole gamut and takes about 9 medications here. In California, since Mom doesn't work, and has no money, she qualifies under a state program so all medical care, and prescriptions, are free.

Isn't there some type of national health insurance for Thai's?
What experience do you have with it?
I guess, for that matter my wife would be eligible (but she is disgustingly healthy)

Thanks All!! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Re: Thai national's health insurance

Post by Big Boy »

Despite many Thais telling my wife she wouldn't be eligible because she had a Farang husband, it took her less than 10 minutes to register at Hua Hin hospital. She now pays 30 Baht for every visit. When she gets to 65, it will all be free.

I think it was the snob in me, but I really didn't fancy Hua Hin hospital. However, I been there quite a few times with my wife and I've been very impressed. I would actually rate it a lot better than the NHS. A couple of times she has been issued with medication that cost her over 7,000 Baht during a holiday visit to Bangkok Hospital - still only costing 30 Baht.

I think (not 100% certain) where you register depends on where your Tabien Ban places you. My wife could only register once her Tabien Ban was transferred to Hua Hin.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

From all the recent glowing reports I've received regarding HH hospital I'm quite willing to become a snob. Knocks spots of the rest apparently

Oops......... :offtopic:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

migrant wrote:As some may have read we are planning the move next year. Along with Mrs m (who I'm stuck with) I also get her mother (who is actually a great lady and am happy to have her with us).

Mom has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, the whole gamut and takes about 9 medications here. In California, since Mom doesn't work, and has no money, she qualifies under a state program so all medical care, and prescriptions, are free.

What experience do you have with it?
I guess, for that matter my wife would be eligible (but she is disgustingly
healthy)

Thanks All!! :cheers:
Is your wife and MIL Thai ?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ Of course they are or he wouldn't have phrased the question like that...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

bapak wrote: Is your wife and MIL Thai ?
Yes, they are :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.