Marmite ....a mosquito repellent?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Re: Marmite ....a mosquito repellent?

Post by Roel »

Siani wrote:Marmite contains Vitamin B and one particular type of Vitamin B is supposed to taste horrible to mosquitos
and to most humans.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Marmite - food of the Gods (although Mr.VS wouldn't agree). A bit of toast, loads of butter, and a thin layer of Marmite and I'm in heaven.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

About 18 months agoi bought back 2 * 500g jars of marmite from the UK where it is quite cheap.

Unfortunately, they are now both empty. where is the cheapest place in HH/CA to buy replacements, though they can be smaller than 500g !

Thanks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

fft100 wrote:About 18 months agoi bought back 2 * 500g jars of marmite from the UK where it is quite cheap.

Unfortunately, they are now both empty. where is the cheapest place in HH/CA to buy replacements, though they can be smaller than 500g !

Thanks
Fairly certain they sell it at Makro - I won't be going before Tuesday but if nobody confirms before, I will look out for it.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

in oz we just mix 1 spoon of vegemite with i spoon of eucalyptus oil, with half a glass of beer and rub it on all over,keeps the mozzies away but the ladies love it

:twisted: :twisted:
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

fft100 wrote:About 18 months agoi bought back 2 * 500g jars of marmite from the UK where it is quite cheap.

Thanks
Tesco Hua Hin has two sizes of jar at the moment but I have not checked the price :D
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Vital Spark wrote:Marmite - food of the Gods (although Mr.VS wouldn't agree). A bit of toast, loads of butter, and a thin layer of Marmite and I'm in heaven.

VS, I couldn't explain it any better :laugh: Toast; a load of butter, and a thin layer of marmite.......rain from heaven.....lol. I'm definitely in the " Love It" camp.. It's strange how something so simple can quite often taste better than an expensive meal out, especially when you've not
had it for a while. I enjoy Bovril as well, but it's not the same as Marmite. Talking of Marmite, my jar is nearly finished. :(

Time to plug the toaster in....... :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Savages.
This is the way
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

So do you breathe on the mosquitoes?? :duck: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

Marmite repels me too! :D
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

As a Dutchman I can even say..
Nothing like a marmite toasty! Love it!
Regards,

Manou
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Constipated? A hot mug of MARMITE and 3 hours later problem solved

Vegimite? Is that something we gave the condemned on their journey to OZ?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Takiap wrote:
Vital Spark wrote:Marmite - food of the Gods (although Mr.VS wouldn't agree). A bit of toast, loads of butter, and a thin layer of Marmite and I'm in heaven.

VS, I couldn't explain it any better :laugh: Toast; a load of butter, and a thin layer of marmite.......rain from heaven.....lol. I'm definitely in the " Love It" camp.. It's strange how something so simple can quite often taste better than an expensive meal out, especially when you've not
had it for a while. I enjoy Bovril as well, but it's not the same as Marmite. Talking of Marmite, my jar is nearly finished. :(

Time to plug the toaster in....... :cheers:
:agree: It is great stuff 8) I buy a medium pot of Marmite and it last me approx 2 months. If you spread the Marmite thickly, it is a mistake, just a very light spread...better while the butter is melting...yummy! Mr S pretends he likes it...but always goes for the marmalade :wink: All the more for me!! :)

This will get your taste buds going :D
untitled5.png
untitled5.png (135.95 KiB) Viewed 658 times
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

found it in Tescos. 125g was 220baht and the 250g was 320 baht. all of which is a huge mark up compared to the UK, but obviously they are selling well as each size had a 3 wide display. i bought the large size.

btw, if anyone can find better prices in thailand, then please post here.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

fft100 wrote:found it in Tescos. 125g was 220baht and the 250g was 320 baht. all of which is a huge mark up compared to the UK, but obviously they are selling well as each size had a 3 wide display. i bought the large size.

btw, if anyone can find better prices in thailand, then please post here.
I'm in Makro tomorrow and its on my list (assuming they sell it that is)?