A dentist who listens?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: A dentist who listens?

Post by Pleng »

MrPlum wrote:From MV about 50 metres, heading towards town, (where cars turn and double back towards Khao Takiap). Opposite the Salesian School entrance., next to a massage shop. There is also a 7-11? 10 yards away.

Call 032533444

OK thanks that's probably why we couldn't find it. We were always look on our way back from Market Village. We live to the South so we go from Market Village, round the u-turn and so we've not gone quite far enough!
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

MrPlum wrote: The assistants also die young and infertile, from handling mercury, (which strangely stops being toxic when it's put in your mouth).
I know a few Thai dentists and none use the old mercuric amalgams any more, composite materials are the go nowdays as they are cheaper altho I'm a little uncomfortable about just exactly what they are composed of too. The biggest risk of having an old amalgam filling in your mouth seems to be when you finally have it removed as it usually gets broken up into fine bits which can be easily swallowed.
Probably worth always trying to save on a tooth being removed because you effectively lose two in the proceedure, the opposite tooth to it will be rendered useless for chewing purposes too.
Complexity is so simply overrated
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Well I tried Perfect Smile and the information they gave me tallied with the information I was given when the tooth was originally damaged (all that time ago!), so that was a good start. They did try and sell me on the root canal treatment but also made it clear that it was totally my choice; which was really nice.

I think, though, for all the advances in dentistry technology, the tablet computer with detailed diagrams of what's going to happen must be the worst! When I said 'so what does that involve' I wasn't expected to be greeted with a scene that wouldn't look out of place in a Scream movie!

I'm going to try BKK hospital, to see if I can have it extracted under general anaesthetic. The dentist said asking might be worth a try but she didn't think they'd do it. Failing that I guess I'll just have to grow some, and get it done under local :(
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

moja wrote:It used to be the TT&T office if that is any help!
The TT&T office is still there. The dentist is two doors down.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

wpcoe wrote:
moja wrote:It used to be the TT&T office if that is any help!
The TT&T office is still there. The dentist is two doors down.

I was talking about the old office which closed a couple of years ago not the new one.
johnnymac

Post by johnnymac »

Pleng wrote:I'm going to try BKK hospital, to see if I can have it extracted under general anaesthetic. The dentist said asking might be worth a try but she didn't think they'd do it. Failing that I guess I'll just have to grow some, and get it done under local :(
That reminds me Pleng.

About 7 years back I remember a friend going to a dental hospital in Bumrungrad in BKK - can't remember whether it's part of the hospital or just attached to it but you can see the entrance to it as you approach the Hospital entrance.

He went to have a botched root canal sorted but came back with a glowing reference for the treatment.

Not cheap apparently, but maybe they'll put you out to avoid the torture :shock:

Just a thought!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Thanks Johnny. I will check it out.

I was mentally psyched up for the extraction on the two occasions. But whatever app the dentist was using totally put me out. A terrible, terrible idea showing that stuff to your patients!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Just another idea on this.... (yes still haven't got it sorted and the pain is returning :()

What about gassing? I know dentists in the UK used to mask me when I was a child. I also know that practice has been put to bed now in the UK, but is it still possible to have that done here? I know you tend to vomit once you come around, but that's got to be better than vomiting while having the work done, which is what I'm pretty much sure is what will happen if I'm concious!
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Gas. Being whacked in the face with a spade. Left hook. Pliers. Whatever you decide upon please do it quickly. I can't stand the pain of any more drama! :shock:

Just teasing. :wink:
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Helpful. Thanks
johnnymac

Post by johnnymac »

The missus tells me there's a dental wing at the HH hospital Pleng. She's trying to summon up the courage to go there to get a tooth sorted.

I think a dental hospital is more likely to put you out than a dentist. I was put out with gas as a 15 yo with an impacted tooth - got to agree with you on the gas front, better to not know what's going on and have a little chunder afterwards!

Good luck!
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

I would also suggest the female Dentist at Huahin Dental Clinic on the corner of soi 104/2 ( she was previously located opposite All in HH ). Her English is perfect and she will give you reasonble prices for the potential options of treatment.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

I use Cool Smile. For the last 6 years I've been okay with them.
You can just google the name for their website.
Regards,

Manou
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Well my original horror was at Cool Smile 2; so I think I'll be leaving that franchise well alone!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Pleng, no offense (genuinely :D ), but I think if I was as worried by dentists as you are, I'd be inclined to find one who'd agree to knock me out and wake me up when I had a full set of dentures!

Have you tried hypnotherapy?
This is the way