Massage

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
HMFC1963
Novice
Novice

Post by HMFC1963 »

Thanks Richard

I assume Oil massages are as easy to come by as the traditional Thai
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Many parlours offer you a choice of the 2

When starting explain the amount of pressure you want
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

richard wrote:Many parlours offer you a choice of the 2

When starting explain the amount of pressure you want

:lach: :lach: :lach:

but, and this is just a passing thought, mind you, try not to use the word 'pressure,' as your massage lady won't have a clue what you're talking about! - I'd love to hear how you get that message across, Richard... :wink:

'Be gentle, I feel like an old man today,' ( :shock: ) seems to do the trick for me, but failing that, something along the lines of 'Bao, bao, jep maak wan nii' would result in a smile and a gentle approach.
This is the way
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dirkepirk »

dtaai-maai wrote: mind you, try not to use the word 'pressure,' as your massage lady won't have a clue what you're talking about!
Good point.
I think screaming 'ouch!' if it hurts will be understandable to any masseuse.
hanoi66
Novice
Novice

massage

Post by hanoi66 »

i could only recomend day and night massage Sweet girls me and my friends always have a good foot massage and a beer in the same time, and sometimes in the night we go on disco with, very funny
keets
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keets »

philip wrote:Day and night apparently "straight" but as reported, good massage for sensible price - the two-hour oil massage if you can get it, is really satisfying but not what is euphemistically called a "special massage" in the vernacular....... 8)
i second, third, fourth, and so on...the opinion that day and night gives and excellent massage. had three masseuses so far and they have all given a good, strong massage. no happys so far but sometimes you want a massage and sometimes...
brit583
Amateur
Amateur

Massage

Post by brit583 »

So far have tried 4 massage places. None have easy access as i am disabled. However usually get help and once got picked up off the floor by 3 girls,so all good.

Never even a hint of a happy ending, extra's or anything like it. When i joined this forum i stated that i just wanted straight no frills massage. Now having met seen some of the girls i must admit i am curious and would like to get some recommendations on a good venue to try out the extra's.

I caved in on that one pretty quickly. Lasted a whole 2 weeks here!! the girls can be so pretty though.
vincequick
Amateur
Amateur

Post by vincequick »

the normal price is 300Baht for an oil massage take a shower after it can really pen & ink
Willis

Post by Willis »

Tried loads of places, oil massage was about 300-400 and Thai about the same, never offered any extras but if you asked am sure a lot of places would offer.
As for how to get across gentle massage, I found soft and hard was quite understandable, in all departments!!
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

I personally like getting a special massage.:naughty:
From a woman of course. :D
a3r1us
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Massage

Post by a3r1us »

Hi, any recent updates on massages? any good ones to recommend?
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

nice massage at joop and jane near tesco express huyamongkol soi 11 also near pheonix bar across the road from phenoix bar
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
Arnold
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Arnold »

Hmmm - no extras offered. Thats good news, right? What you are saying is, that theses massage girls really know what they are doing?

I love my daily massage when in LOS and I honestly find it rather bothersome if I have to explain every day that I do NOT want extras.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Behind the Golden Palace Supermarket. Blind massage very cheap prices and the lady I had was strong as hell. The massage was excellent and there is no hanky panky of any sorts going on there. It is an open room with a bunch of massage tables. My wife says its a Queens project. Whatever that is it is a great place to go for a couple hours to relax with a massage and the room is air conditioned for those steamy afternoons.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

I've only ever had foot massages in HH so can't comment on quality/prices etc there. And foot massages anywhere in the LOS can indeed be a bit painful with the little proddy sticks - but worth it IMO.
But last week I needed a good shoulder job while in NongKhai - as a result I think of those solid mattreses. Popped round to a kosher looking place, which for me means a place where the curtains are open.
The staff were lovely - maintained a quiet environment and didn't even chatter to eachother. After an hour of work on the whole of my back from head to soles of feet the result was great - and no pain since touch wood.
Price? I was asked for 180 Bt and of course gave a tip. 'We give you Thai price' they said and for once I believed it. Wonderful.
The next day I went back for the foot job and was equally impressed. Again - just 180 baht. The proddy stick was used very gently and effectively.
Moral of the story I think is that big towns understandably have bigger prices, but outside of them the prices drop - and the quality goes up.
There are some exceptions and its a case of trial and error really. When you find a good place stick to it. There's a place in Bangkok I would always go to for a good facial and foot job which isn't cheap by Thai standards - but is quality. There is also a good back street place in HH where I've had good foot and facial jobs at good prices - and could be worth a try for massage. It's down the tiny Soi off SraSong Road which is a dead end Soi leading to the side of the Subhamitra.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.