school

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
doggie

school

Post by doggie »

any news at all on the opening of the new

somtawin english (international ) school, or are no news good news

sorry if ask to many times, but major issue when u got kids and

planning to move to hh sooner or later .....

:thumb: :idea:
LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND. THAT IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end,
the faster it goes.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

:oops: NO Idea!!! :oops:

Given up on posting about times, dates, info etc etc as it makes ME look like the one telling lies when it doesn't happen, also got into trouble for giving out "unofficial information" when trying to help with enquiries.

New School opening........Aug 7th......Sep 8th........ 2052?

Sorry i cannot be of any help to you.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Doggie: Well they're advertising for native English-speaking staff for both Kindergarden and grades 7-10 on a famous teaching website in Thailand.

They say that they have 250 students so I guess it's up and running. The address they give in the advert is somtawin.ep@gmail.com - so I guess if you send them an e-mail they may give you more details.

It's always a good idea to have a look at the school, when you're here, before you sign up. Talk to other parents and have a chat with the staff. If possible, and if they allow it, try to sit in on a class or two.

Good luck.

VS

Ooops. :oops: Just realised this is the English Programme bit, not an International School. But maybe they can give you some info. as it's the same outfit.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

My teeth grind when I see a professional business or institution using a gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc., email address. Is perhaps "somtawin.com or .org available? I bet it is for about $200.00 per year with unlimited email addresses and web page. Do they offer IT classes? :shock: Buksi, maybe give them a call and offer your services. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
doggie

school

Post by doggie »

thanks spark, will try to mail them for info

even with the unserios mail adress

:thumb: :shock:
LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND. THAT IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.
the faster it goes.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

thanks spark, will try to mail them for info

even with the unserios mail adress
If, by any chance, you don't get a quick reply ( which was the reason I was getting quite a few PM's at one point) PM me your email and I will pass it on and try to speed up the process of you receiving the info you require. I will say again that I can't give you any info myself I'm afraid. :cry: :shock:
bambergasgoigne

Post by bambergasgoigne »

GLCQuantum

I know you are restricted about what you can say about Somtawin on a public forum, but maybe you can answer this. I have checked lots of threads and the information about distances/times/state of completion is like trying to decipher a spy novel. Can you clarify. My summary of findings so far is;

1. Somtawin pupils and teachers will move to new premises at start of October term 2007. ? Is that looking likely ?
2. New premises are 1 hour from main crossroads in Hua Hin. Is that correct or an exagerration ?.
3. How would I drive to new premises from Hua Hin main crossroads. (using golf club turns would be great, as most people know these as landmarks).

any help would be great. Your reply will be quicker than an email to the school.

Happy teaching !!

Bamber.
bambergasgoigne

and so the big mystery continues.....(or GLC has gone underground !)

anyone care to answer my previous post. or is the new location not a suitable topic for public access on the web ?. Are those who know something about its new location not happy for non parents to know the location?.

if those in know are not happy to discuss, maybe someone could reply with exactly that, and then I could phone the school instead.

thx
Bamber
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

I was on a visa run with a Somtawin English programme teacher last week. I asked her about the move.

It seems the teachers were due to be taken up to see the new campus, but it never came off. She didn't know exactly where it was. She was confident the kids would move up in this school year, but it was still being debated how the move would be made. One alternative was for all the programme to move up one day a week to start, another was for, say, kindergarten to move in first.
I hope I've paraphrased all of that correctly. If not, any mistakes are mine.

BTW - GLC might be rather busy with paperwork & exams in the next couple of weeks (from her description of the teachers' end of term workload)
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Bamber

New School - directions

Go west on Pa La U Road.
Cross Byepass
After a few km there is a cross roads - Wat Huai Monkol sign left - you turn right.
School is on LHS after a km or so.

Existing building with concrete anaimal zoo and new building - still under construction - at rear.

Hope this helps
bambergasgoigne

Thanks Dawn and Terry for update and directions.

If building are only half complete and teachers aren't sure when they are moving, it would seem unlikely that the school will have moved for the new Semester.

So its continue as is, for the time being,

which is fine for me, as its closer to where we live.

thx for help.

not such of a mystery anymore, but still lack of real info is unusual (but maybe not for here).

Bamber
doggie

school

Post by doggie »

out here in hh now and was checking somtawin school new location

about 15 minutes from downtown or the old school on the main street

still building out there, so lets see should be the biggest international

school in l. o . s . when / if ever finish......

:cuss:
the faster it goes.