Round Baking Tins

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Round Baking Tins

Post by HHTel »

Lots of microwaves now double as conventional ovens and grills. The problem is that they require round cookware. Casserole dishes are not a problem but does anyone know if and where you can buy circular baking trays, roasting tins etc. Everywhere I've looked they are always rectangular designed for the 'classic' oven.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Round Baking Tins

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:08 am Lots of microwaves now double as conventional ovens and grills. The problem is that they require round cookware. Casserole dishes are not a problem but does anyone know if and where you can buy circular baking trays, roasting tins etc. Everywhere I've looked they are always rectangular designed for the 'classic' oven.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, try using either the bottom or top of the casserole dish for baking?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The combo units I've had over the years, when not microwaving the turntable doesn't spin. You just take off that glass platter and the underlying frame and you can put in any kind of square cooking container you want to . Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

lazada have some
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Round Roasting Tins

Post by HHTel »

Thanks Joelle. My title may be a little misleading. Baking tins, i.e. cake tins are around. I really wanted roasting tins which are much shallower like a traditional roasting tin. Lazada have lots of cake tins but when you look at their range of roasting tins, they are all rectangular.

PeteC - I understand what you're saying. However I can take off the glass plate and rollers but the spindle still turns regardless of the mode.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel

If you want to roast something, I have used the lid of a Pyrex casserole to roast potatoes very successfully, but the bottom can also be used if you need a bit more height?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Try to pull that spindle out with your fingers. They are usually removable and just slip in and out of the hole. That apparatus that holds the glass turntable is usually completely made of plastic, frame and small wheels. I don't think any of it would hold up to conventional cooking temperatures for long periods.

If you still have the manual take a look. It should say something about switching from microwave to conventional cooking and if anything needs to be removed. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

There's a selection of cookware on the top floor of the old Supermarket in town. I don't know if they have what you're looking for or not, but it might be worth looking in there if you happen to be passing by
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thanks Pleng. Haven't been in there for ages. Will give it a go.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

HHTel wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:45 pm Thanks Pleng. Haven't been in there for ages. Will give it a go.
Don't bother went there today and they haven't got what you're looking for
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thanks Joelle, saved me a trip. I was literally about to give it a go in an hour!

The search continues ......................
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

What about the bakery supply shop on Petchkasem Rd west side right opposite Soi 51. I have not been in there for a couple of years, but they used to have all things baking.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Trevtherev
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Trevtherev »

Have you tried the Index store on the left hand side of the main road coming into Hua Hin town from ChaAm they normally have a good selection of non stick cookware. Also try the Villa Market located within the same building, they often have a few examples plus also sell glass ovenware. To my surprise, after very recently spending a lot on an all singing and dancing pasta rolling machine via an internet supplier, to my surprise Villa Market we’re selling a very similar bit of kit. Pays to nose around plus also seek help and good advice on this forum.