Emergency 24 Hour Vetinary Service

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Big Boy

Emergency 24 Hour Vetinary Service

Post by Big Boy »

I had a very distraught friend contact me at 10pm last night, suspecting one of her dogs had been poisoned. Did I know where she could get help at that time of night?

After much searching, I found the answer very close to home in our own HHBD Biz Directory. An on call vet was listed.

I got my wife to call the number 032 514246. The on duty vet said that home visits were only available during normal opening, but there was a 24 Hour A&E type facility available at the Animal Hospital on Soi 58 (where she was talking from), and we could take the dog in right away.

I immediately drove out to pick up the dog and owner, and drove them to the clinic.

When we arrived at the clinic, it was just like a NHS A&E Dept, minus the 4 hour waiting times. Dog was taken straight in, examined, treated and given a bed for the night, where they could keep an eye on him - 1500 Baht.

I'm sharing this because I certainly wasn't aware of the 24 hour emergency service, but have certainly stored the information for the future.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Emergency 24 Hour Vetinary Service

Post by Dannie Boy »

As you suggest, a very useful number to have for an emergency - any idea if they would be able to deal with a snakebite?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've no idea, but I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:I've no idea, but I'd be surprised if they weren't.
Well I hope never to have to put it to the test, but definitely a place to try in such an event. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The big question is if there is such a thing as anti-venom for a dog? Or does the human version work on them? I don't know the answer but probably worthwhile finding out. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm almost sure the Vetinary Teaching Hospital on the south side of HH are open 24 hours.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\...Not open 24hrs but they do have an emergency call out number...087064225
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I tried them first - no response.

Points 48; Position 20
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote:I had a very distraught friend contact me at 10pm last night, suspecting one of her dogs had been poisoned. Did I know where she could get help at that time of night?

After much searching, I found the answer very close to home in our own HHBD Biz Directory. An on call vet was listed.

I got my wife to call the number 032 514246. The on duty vet said that home visits were only available during normal opening, but there was a 24 Hour A&E type facility available at the Animal Hospital on Soi 58 (where she was talking from), and we could take the dog in right away.

I immediately drove out to pick up the dog and owner, and drove them to the clinic.

When we arrived at the clinic, it was just like a NHS A&E Dept, minus the 4 hour waiting times. Dog was taken straight in, examined, treated and given a bed for the night, where they could keep an eye on him - 1500 Baht.

I'm sharing this because I certainly wasn't aware of the 24 hour emergency service, but have certainly stored the information for the future.
Where is Soi 58 - I know 56 off PetchKasem but no 58 ? I know an Animal Hospital
off the Nong Plub Rd past Big C, but no idea about Soi numbers in that area?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Soi 56 & Soi 58 are the one way (unless you're Thai) system leading to and from the Klong Road crossroads.

When you get to the crossroads, turn right and the hospital is almost immediately on your right. Unfortunately, you have to drive about a mile each way to/from the u-turn to actually get to the hospital.

Points 48; Position 20