Action on Soi Dogs???

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Big Boy

Action on Soi Dogs???

Post by Big Boy »

There is Soi either side of my house (not far from Soi 94), which is home to quite a few Soi dogs. A pickup, with a cage on the back has just rounded up as many as they could catch (looks quite deserted now). Apparently a plumpish Thai lady and 2 male Thais have been doing the job.

Is this just my Sois, or is it happening elsewhere?

Dog pound, dog meat or a different fate?

Stood outside the house I can hear a lot of barking, so I guess they're still around.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Action on Soi Dogs???

Post by kendo »

Maybe an influx of new dogs on that area unchallenged territory springs to mind.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've never known action like this - are there any new dogs left to take their place? Who will our dogs fight with now?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I would get in touch with the police and find out exactly who they are and if it's a legal taking of the dogs. It could be some dregs of society with a meat trade so are rounding up dogs. It could be vets taking them to get neutered, cleaned and released.

Weird.

It would be good if they were doing a major round up of street dogs, but there needs to be some sort of communication (not a strong point here :mrgreen: ) with the people in the surrounding area. Some fat chick (maybe eaten too many dogs) turning up in a pickup with a cage just isn't...

... nah, I give up. :|
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:I've never known action like this - are there any new dogs left to take their place? Who will our dogs fight with now?
There were three packs when I began living in the current apartment. Twice 1/3 to 1/2 of the dogs disappeared over night. The first time the pack boundaries held. Second time 2 packs merged. That pack expanded it's territory. Then, in a 3 day period, 1 of it's dogs died after being hit by a car and a second one was crippled after receiving a savage attack. In a few days the 3 packs merged into 1. Dogs that once did nothing but growl, posture and fight now get along like it's always been that way, and defend borders together they way they used to fight over them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, my final comment was half in jest, but our 3 dogs can usually chase the soi dogs off when outside of the house.

It is just strange to see 2 sois that just 2 hours ago had a more than ample population of soi dogs, now empty. I keep looking outside, and find it hard to believe. Will it be too quiet to sleep tonight? I've actually seen just one soi dog since the pickup left.

Points 48; Position 18
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

Big Boy wrote:There is Soi either side of my house (not far from Soi 94), which is home to quite a few Soi dogs. A pickup, with a cage on the back has just rounded up as many as they could catch (looks quite deserted now). Apparently a plumpish Thai lady and 2 male Thais have been doing the job.

Is this just my Sois, or is it happening elsewhere?

Dog pound, dog meat or a different fate?

Stood outside the house I can hear a lot of barking, so I guess they're still around.
The fewer soi dogs the better. I love dogs but the soi dog problem is ridiculous.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Hurrah Hurrah!! Get them off the streets! I'm so tired of these street dogs that come outside my gate, take a piss and start barking at my pure bred dogs. I hope they get all of them! I live in Soi 94 too, and there have been way to many dogs that are allowed to run around doing whatever they please.
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't think anybody will deny there is a soi dog problem in Hua Hin. Some of our residents were pitiful to look at. However, TIT - I am just shocked that anybody has taken action.

I hope this is a Hua Hin wide initiative, and somebody does something to stop it getting out of control again.

Points 48; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

In my opinion, the people in charge of Hua Hin should give a seven day warning before all dogs in the street (if it's on the street it's not owned by anyone, regardless of people feeding it) are either homed or killed.

Saying that, there needs to be some sort of order about the thing. Not just turning up, out the blue with a pick up and cage.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

If you have a problem with Soi dogs then contact the Hua Hin Municipality’s Public Health and Environment Division at tel. 032 532 433. It may take more than one call, but they will come and take care of the problem.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'll be interested to see the soi in daylight tomorrow, to see how effective this has been. Seen several people out walking with their dogs in the last hour or so.

Points 48; Position 18
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

dozer wrote:If you have a problem with Soi dogs then contact the Hua Hin Municipality’s Public Health and Environment Division at tel. 032 532 433. It may take more than one call, but they will come and take care of the problem.

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:
A friend is only one click away
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

A few years ago when I worked for a developer, there was a dog problem on the development. Complaints to the Tessabahn did eventually produce results. As BB states, a pickup arrived and rounded up the dogs and put them in the cage. What happened to them is anybody's guess.

P.S. Well done GLCQ. You are no longer under 'Final Warning'------- till the next time!!
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

HHTel wrote: P.S. Well done GLCQ. You are no longer under 'Final Warning'------- till the next time!!
The final warning was planned. I'd already done 'suspended' and 'banned' so thought I'd go all out for the treble.

:wink: