Ride on tractor mower

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Ride on tractor mower

Post by Dannie Boy »

I remember the subject of grass vs pebbles being discussed on here a few years ago, with a lot of people advocating in favour of the pebbles, but if you do have a large grassed area and have fairly deep pockets, I noticed for the first time in the area that Home Pro are now stocking a ride on tractor mower. It was priced at 139,000 and a quick discussion got that down to 130,000 - obviously not cheap, but if you have a big garden and cut the grass yourself, this would cut the time down considerably. I don't remember the make, but it had a Briggs and Stratton 17.5 HP engine and forward and reverse gears.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Ride on tractor mower

Post by migrant »

Used to have a riding mower when I lived in Maine and had a large yard. Couldn't find one with a beer holder so had to rig my own!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

For 130,000 BT, you can pay someone to mow your lawn in Thailand for about ten years without getting off your couch!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Seth12 wrote:Hello dear, I got the same lawn mower from Honda lawn mowers Marietta sales last month and I am amazed that they offered me much better price than this one. Now I am surely going to buy it.
What price and specification was it and what/where is Marietta?

Thanks
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Try here Dannie, from Baht sold, 99k

http://www.bahtsold.com/view/ride-on-la ... 056?doqs=1
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

STEVE G wrote:For 130,000 BT, you can pay someone to mow your lawn in Thailand for about ten years without getting off your couch!
Not necessarily if you have a large lawn. When we had that big lawn there a couple of years ago we had to pay 7k per month for a reliable gardener (and I still had to provide all the tools including a walk behind mower) so the cost of that riding mower was paid in about a year and a half. However, that did include all gardening, not just mowing. The labor cost really depends on the size of your lawn and what quality of worker you want. I might have considered doing the mowing myself with a riding mower, Migrant's beer holder, an attached fan and canopy. :D :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pagey wrote:Try here Dannie, from Baht sold, 99k

http://www.bahtsold.com/view/ride-on-la ... 056?doqs=1
:cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Another option

http://www.gizmag.com/robby-garden-xp-r ... wer/15259/

Don't ride, or push. Simply lay in that hammock with cold drink of choice :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Buy a goat
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

hhfarang wrote:
STEVE G wrote:For 130,000 BT, you can pay someone to mow your lawn in Thailand for about ten years without getting off your couch!
Not necessarily if you have a large lawn. When we had that big lawn there a couple of years ago we had to pay 7k per month for a reliable gardener (and I still had to provide all the tools including a walk behind mower) so the cost of that riding mower was paid in about a year and a half. However, that did include all gardening, not just mowing. The labor cost really depends on the size of your lawn and what quality of worker you want. I might have considered doing the mowing myself with a riding mower, Migrant's beer holder, an attached fan and canopy. :D :wink:
Yes but you're retired. I'm not and my hourly rate is much higher than the Thai gardeners and he's also got a cow that eats the cuttings!