Soi dogs - Poisoned!!

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Soi dogs - Poisoned!!

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^ :clap: :clap: :agree: 100 % .were I live when in HH we have zero and I mean zero soidog because no one feed them at any time and they will be follow out of the thai people if they even come near the street.
Maybe because there are many children in our neighborhoodthey are strict about it, but I hope it stay that way.
I love dogs and had a couple here in DK before, and grow up with them when young,but don't like these soidog's behavior.

Looks like every child in small village have been bitten once or tvice

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The good news is that our dogs have been vaccinated against rabies - a little green sticker on their vaccination records. The better news is that their vaccinations were due 2 days ago, so without this thread I would have forgotten - it will be done tomorrow :D .
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

brianks wrote:I have been bitten twice by soi dogs and had the rabies shots for them. Have also been surrounded by a wild attacking pack of soi dogs and felt lucky that someone finally called them off so I could leave. You guys in Hua Hin have the most dangerous soi dog problem I have encountered in Thailand. Where I live now in the south the dogs are very tranquil and rarely if ever bother me. All it takes is one shout and they back off. Not so in Hua Hin as they just get more aggressive. Hua Hin could do with a massive culling of the stray animals for everyone's health and safety. I agree with hhfarang that if you have a dog it is your responsibility to make sure it is safely protected.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
A friend is only one click away
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

I walk a lot. especially mornings.............never go out without a 'dog' stick. :guns:
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Just wondering - will pepperspray have an effect on dogs? Anyone tried?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Lung Per wrote:Just wondering - will pepperspray have an effect on dogs? Anyone tried?
Yes it will, but don't get caught by the MIB with it. The wife and her friends used to carry it in their cars/purse until there was some big writeup in the Thai news that the authorities treat pepper spray the same as a concealed firearm, with all the associated penalties. This was about a year, 18 months ago. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:The good news is that our dogs have been vaccinated against rabies - a little green sticker on their vaccination records. The better news is that their vaccinations were due 2 days ago, so without this thread I would have forgotten - it will be done tomorrow :D .
Job done. Aren't Thai vets fantastic? So cheap, people in the UK find it hard to believe. 3 dogs, fully vaccinated for another 12 months (including rabies) for just 840 Baht - that's a home visit as well. I'd have needed a mortgage in the UK.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Lung Per wrote:Just wondering - will pepperspray have an effect on dogs? Anyone tried?
No, quite the opposite. they [soi dogs] insist that all farang carry condiments in their pockets, so that any scraps the soi dog comes across you can sprinkle them liberally with pepper and salt, oh and maybe a dash of fish sauce. :wink:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Chili powder is a commonly used condiment. Hard to see any way an officer could find cause against you carrying it, even if it *was* in a sugar shaker, for ease of adding to your som tam...
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Better than a salt shaker is a purpose specific container I saw at a gun show. Designed so one could reach into front pants pocket, cradle in Palm, flick top off with thumb, contents pour into palm. Remove hand from pocket and you're ready to fling irritants into eyes.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

How about a vinegar solution in a water pistol?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Homer wrote:Better than a salt shaker is a purpose specific container I saw at a gun show. Designed so one could reach into front pants pocket, cradle in Palm, flick top off with thumb, contents pour into palm. Remove hand from pocket and you're ready to fling irritants into eyes.

Any idea where it´s available?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Khundon1975 wrote:
No, quite the opposite. they [soi dogs] insist that all farang carry condiments in their pockets, so that any scraps the soi dog comes across you can sprinkle them liberally with pepper and salt, oh and maybe a dash of fish sauce. :wink:
:bow: :cheers:
dvolante9

Post by dvolante9 »

Do dog whistles work? If so do they sell them here?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

As the late Lauren Bacall said

"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow".

A lot cheaper dvolante9 :wink:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.