Jacuzzi hot tub

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Jacuzzi hot tub!

Post by STEVE G »

Thank you, I might consider getting one myself in the future, I don't want the hassle of a swimming pool either.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Sv: Jacuzzi hot tub!

Post by huahin4ever »

Last night the Jacuzzi was delivered. Quite a task to lift it over my wall and skid it in place. Luckily I had help from the Thai Army. 6 guys lifting and pushing. More pictures to follow after connection and testing is done.

YNWA
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

First test this morning!

YNWA
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

That indeed looks nice. :D You'll have to put up some kind of screen though as the neighbors will be looking in......thinking that people are naked in there! :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I'm going to scare off the neighbors by being naked, ha ha....
YNWA
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Before I forget.....can you let us know what that does to your electric bill over the next few months, once you get into a regular schedule of use. Thanks. :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Total price 314.280 Baht + construction of decking for the hot tub, 35.000 Baht. Enjoying my new hot tub immensely :oops:

I will keep an eye on the electric bill, but do not expect any extreme changes. The tap water is around 30 degrees and I have set the tub for 33. This is so the heater will do some work and not be in an unused condition(recommended from other hot tub owners on Internet). Anyway with the cover on, the temperature is rising only from the sunlight hitting the hot tub, and night time it keeps the temperature pretty stable.

All seems to be working perfectly and the water is clear and smooth. Some foaming can occur but this is mainly us, the user's fault. Body contaminants like oily skin, powder residue, make up, deodorant etc. One should always shower before entering the Jacuzzi, but sometimes we are a bit lazy doing that. Anyway water is cheap here in Thailand so we don't need to be as careful as hot tub owners in cold countries where water is cold and heating will cause great expenditures if these owners elect to change the water frequently. Recommended frequency replacing the water is 4-6 months, but I will most likely change it approx. every 2 months here in Thailand.

The hot tub basically taks care of itself. I check the level of chlorine once in a while, but since I have an ozonator I'm pretty relaxed. I plan to use something called "Natural Spa" from Clarity Water Products. This is an all natural enzyme based liquid. And by adding one small bottle of this, I don't need to use any chlorine. One bottle should last approx. two months, which is perfect for my plan as to replace my water every other month.

So now I'm looking forward to many nice evenings in my new spa.
Attachments
DSC_0514.jpg
YNWA
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Looks really good. I would think the time Dec. - Feb. will be best when the night air gets down to 18c or lower. Will be an interesting sensation to get into it to get warm. :shock: :D Pete :cheers:
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Since my new Jacuzzi is outdoors and I don't have any roof in that area (not planning on making any permanent roof either), I was wondering where I can purchase a "tent" to put over it? I have checked in Homepro and Koncept. Koncept didn't have any for sale and the only one in Homepro was too small.

Do anyone here know a location selling these? Size should be approx. 3.5 x 2.5 meters. Not smaller than this but could be larger.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have added a couple of pictures for those of you not sure of what I'm talking about.
Attachments
patioGazebo3X3MBeigeKMSWM_2.jpg
patioGazebo3X3MBeigeKMSWM_2.jpg (63.59 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
1317535504.JPG
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not as pretty as the ones you have displayed, but if you go up Soi 70 and carry on towards Hin Lek Fai, there's a place on the left always putting up tents. You will see plenty of the metalwork leaned against the walls there. However, I don't know if they're just for hire, or whether they sell as well.

If you can't find a pretty one, these guys would be worth asking. If they only hire, I'm sure they will tell you where they buy from.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Life is pretty good!
hot_tub.jpg
YNWA
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I don't know which would be the best, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the supplier I used. The hot tub is rated for Arctic climate so quality should be good. I know he has delivered several to this area.
YNWA
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Well how are you enjoying your hot tub??? I am looking to do this on our patio... Love the pool, but want to have the heated whirlpool available also... Any thoughts after your experience??? Can you PM me the details on your purchase so I can look into it further, Thanks!!!! I sent a PM to you but it is sitting in my outbox... Thanks!!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

BOZ wrote:Well how are you enjoying your hot tub??? I am looking to do this on our patio... Love the pool, but want to have the heated whirlpool available also... Any thoughts after your experience??? Can you PM me the details on your purchase so I can look into it further, Thanks!!!! I sent a PM to you but it is sitting in my outbox... Thanks!!!
PM sent!
YNWA
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Jacuzzi hot tub!

Post by huahin4ever »

Enjoying every minute in the jacuzzi! Image