Where to buy Grass Seed

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Big Boy

Where to buy Grass Seed

Post by Big Boy »

Can anybody please tell me where in hua Hin I could buy Grass Seed? Not for me (don't do gardening), but have a friend in need.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Re: Where to buy Grass Seed

Post by heartofmidlothian »

The types of grass here (bermuda, zoysia or cow grass) have to be sprigged or sodded. Quickest way to get a lawn is to buy cut sod. Can order it from some Hua Hin garden centres. Can buy it up near the road at Ban Bua Tong, just west of Bangkok. When you lay the sod, you must keep it damp for a couple of weeks to allow the roots to grow down.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

BB, I've never seed this for sale here before. As has been mentioned, it seems you have to buy the square bits of sod which many garden centers sell. They'll also come and lay it for you for a small fee.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Takiap wrote:BB, I've never seed this for sale here before.
:clap: :clap: Gave me a chuckle.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Friends bought the turf and had it laid. They are now hoping to repair a bit of damage that resulted.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

All they need to do then, is buy a few turfs and make the repairs.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Have it laid when you are there for at least a couple of weeks. Water lightly twice a dday.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Perhaps in the last year and a half since the last post on this topic someone has found where to buy grass seed. I've bought and used the sod pieces, but I have some extremely small areas and areas where the grass is very thin that I'd like to use seed on. Has anyone found where to buy grass seed ? Also, where is the best place to by granules of lawn fertilizer in semi-bulk quantities ?
jvs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jvs »

Where the grass is very thin you can put down some good quality black soil,it will repair itself.If you use seed you need to cover it with some saw dust or similar because when it sprouts and the sun hits it for just a little while the roots will dry up and you new grass will never grow.It may also be that the thin patches receive either too much or not enough sun.
We have a two different kinds of grass and it seems to figure out by itself how and where to grow.
Fertilizer can be found in most shops where they sell animal feed or farm supplies.We use dry cow manure because it will not burn the lawn and we try to grow everything here without using chemicals.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I would suggest that you go to the small garden center just past the palace, on the same side, heading into the town. The young owner speaks perfect English (went to uni in the USA). I am not sure regarding the grass seed but he ordered 56kg of lawn and garden fertelizer for me. Usually you can not buy in these quantities as we all know what fertilizers can be used for when in the wrong hands.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Bristolian wrote:I would suggest that you go to the small garden center just past the palace, on the same side, heading into the town. The young owner speaks perfect English (went to uni in the USA). I am not sure regarding the grass seed but he ordered 56kg of lawn and garden fertelizer for me. Usually you can not buy in these quantities as we all know what fertilizers can be used for when in the wrong hands.
His name is "Tor", on the corner of Soi 29. Him speaking proper English cause him go to skool in Perth, Orstralia!
mob: 086 765 7638 :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Nereus wrote:Him speaking proper English cause him go to skool in Perth, Orstralia!
mob: 086 765 7638 :rasta:
yeah that'll be right. :rasta: :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Has anybody found where to buy grass seed ? I know about and have used the sod method of laying or repairing a lawn, but I’d really like to experiment with seed for repairing some of the smaller areas.
zingerhk
Amateur
Amateur

Re: RE: Re: Where to buy Grass Seed

Post by zingerhk »

Scout wrote:Has anybody found where to buy grass seed ? I know about and have used the sod method of laying or repairing a lawn, but I’d really like to experiment with seed for repairing some of the smaller areas.
The plant shops at Chatachak market sell grass seed. Outside the market, across street. Just find the stretch of road with tons on flower and plant shops.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Scout wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:00 am Has anybody found where to buy grass seed ? I know about and have used the sod method of laying or repairing a lawn, but I’d really like to experiment with seed for repairing some of the smaller areas.
It will be a bird PARADISE !!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.