where do yo shop for toddler toys?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
nattaji
Novice
Novice

where do yo shop for toddler toys?

Post by nattaji »

I'm Thai and find all toys here are expensive, so I find some source to supply more affordable price toys. I wonder where do you usually shop for toys? And what kinds of toys for your toddlers you are looking for?
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: where do yo shop for toddler toys?

Post by BaaBaa. »

Tesco isn't too expensive, shopping mall is dearer but you can find some stuff and 7 Eleven for the odd little toy.

I wouldn't say any are great quality, Tesco is as good as it gets if you don't wan't to pay Toys'R'us prices.

Tesco is great for Bicycles and stuff but some cheap stuff isn't great, just give it a twice over.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Having three young kids myself, I have found you only have two options....

1) Toys R Us
2) Ebay

All other toys sold at the markets and malls are Chinese RUBBISH that fall to bits within minutes. Yes, all the toys in Toys R Us are also made in China, but they're made to EU standards, and they really are worth the extra money. Like I say though, if you don't mind waiting for delivery, just buy on Ebay.

Beech/swimming pool toys are a good example. Buy arm bands or rings locally, and they will only last a day, if you are lucky. I bought an inflatable chair type thing on Ebay eight years ago, three kids have used it, and it's still as good as new. Buying cheap locally produced toys really is just false economy.

By the way, you can also try the classifieds, or take a look on the Baht and Sold website.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Well, in 2 years my lad managed to smash the crap out of a German Kettler trike that had a 3 year guarantee.

I disagree with buying Toys r us for little cars and figures, 7 Eleven may be crap, Toys r us is 10x the price crap