Happy Fathers Day

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Happy Fathers Day

Post by Terry »

A very Happy Birthday to His Majesty The King

Also a very happy fathers day to all other Dads. :cheers:

Here in Hanoi, I set my alarm to 06.45 every morning to get up for work. I received a nice happy fathers day text from my family in Hua Hin this morning - at 06.30 :banghead: .......... :roll:

But I love them too 8)
pharvey

Re: Happy Fathers Day

Post by pharvey »

06:45?? Lazy barsteward...... :duck: :laugh:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Cheeky git - I assume you get up earlier from all that training to catch the sheep :wink:

Yeh well, 6 days a week I'm up and at it.
Anyways - back home to HH on 20th and a lonnnnnnnnnnnng break of several months

Might be a lazy barsteward then - cos I will be my own master :neener:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It was indeed a very nice day. My 7 year old made a very touching Father's Day card written in English and Thai with some very nice art work to boot. She brought a tear to the old eye. :D

While I have you here Terry, have you found any unique Christmas presents there in Hanoi? Laptops, cameras etc., that are cheaper than here.....or some kind of local artistic - cultural items. Just curious. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

prcscct wrote:It was indeed a very nice day. My 7 year old made a very touching Father's Day card written in English and Thai with some very nice art work to boot. She brought a tear to the old eye. :D
After decades of being given passed-around bottles of Brut, these days I instruct the brood to leave me in peace and not make a fuss. My youngster decided to ignore such sage advice and presented me with an ornate Thai garland. They really are spectacular...

Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

prcscct wrote:.............While I have you here Terry, have you found any unique Christmas presents there in Hanoi? Laptops, cameras etc., that are cheaper than here.....or some kind of local artistic - cultural items. Just curious. Pete :cheers:
Not really Pete

We did get a dozen or so of the 'coolie hats', a few 'Good Morning Vietnam' touristy tee shirts. I guess the best stuff was when Mrs. T bought some very nice original oil paintings of local scenes and a few of FISH...........for me! 8)

The best stuff to buy is Champagne! At around USD 50 to 60 for a bottle of non vintage Mum or Moet in my local mom & pop shop - it's a no brainer. Vietnam is civilised in this respect - low tax on booze :cheers:

So - now you know where this year's Seasonal booze has come from at our house.
Chock Dee :laugh: