Reverse Osmosis

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
PeteC

Re: Reverse Osmosis

Post by PeteC »

Bristolian wrote:
prcscct wrote:^ I'm in Rayong, Br. But if they're in my small village, for sure they must be in HH also. Pete :cheers:
I checked with Sprinkle in BKK yesterday and they do not supply bottled water to Pattaya, Rayong or HH.

Sprinkle currently has eight distribution centres to deliver bottled water to five different areas, namely Donmuang, Pathumthani, Thonburi, Rama 3 Road and Sukhumvit 103 Road. They basically cover all zones of Bangkok and suburbs. They said that they have no plans to distribute more widley.

Not sure how you managed to find it in Rayong?
As stated....at a 7-11 in my town, so I guess whoever stocks that 7-11 store is bringing it. Always has supply of the 6 liter bottles, nothing bigger. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I found the below referenced article Br. stating: "....The water is bottled under three labels: Supersave, as sold by Tesco Lotus, Home Choice, sold by The Mall Group Plc. and Lemon Green, which can be found in Bangchak Petroleum shops throughout the country...." http://www.bangkokpost.com/58years/mwat.html

I'll have to see if my local Tesco has that "Supersave" brand, and if it does indeed taste like Sprinkle. Pete :cheers:

EDIT: Here is the Sprinkle website in case anyone in Bangkok has interest.

http://www.sprinkle-th.com/en/20_product_type_1.php
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I have been using a domestic RO system in the UK for my tropical fishtank and have just told my son to stop using it as for every Litre it produces approximately 4 go down the drain. The tank is 400L so with 25% changes weekly it meant a huge waste of water and huge bill now a water meter has been fitted to the supply. And then it has to be remineralised before use in the tank. I see filter systems on sale here but if it is an RO system is mist result in a lot of waste water and there is also the line pressure problem. Buying drinking water is a must or using a filter is an alternative but I would treat anything with RO on it with caution.