Feline diabetes treatment and supervision in Hua Hin?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Feline diabetes treatment and supervision in Hua Hin?

Post by hhfarang »

It could be food HHF. If they're on dry kibble as a steady diet, try another brand for awhile and see what happens concerning the rash. I've read that the higher the vegetable content like corn, wheat, rice, and the lower the meat content, many dogs get skin rashes. Makes sense as dogs are not meant to be vegetable eaters. Pete

Our dogs wouldn't touch kibble... the missus has spoiled them with chicken and rice or tuna and rice...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

prcscct wrote:Are these your guys and gals Barry? Pete :cheers:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17805
Nothing to do with us Pete.
Our young fellas are only 14 days old, just starting to open their eyes and try to walk.
I'll post a couple of pics tomorrow.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

hhfarang wrote:
It could be food HHF. If they're on dry kibble as a steady diet, try another brand for awhile and see what happens concerning the rash. I've read that the higher the vegetable content like corn, wheat, rice, and the lower the meat content, many dogs get skin rashes. Makes sense as dogs are not meant to be vegetable eaters. Pete

Our dogs wouldn't touch kibble... the missus has spoiled them with chicken and rice or tuna and rice...
Mine too, but only once a week. The two are only 5 months old, G. Retrievers, but eat 2 kilos of chicken between them on 'treat' day. That costs about 200 Baht for thighs. I've got to look for a cheaper type, maybe whole chicken just taken off the shelf due to sell date. It's cheaper to feed the Royal Canin kibble at 2,400 per 17kg bag and its plenty meaty, and they like it. I'll be happy when they mature and start eating only once a day though. :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

We use mostly boneless chicken breasts from Tesco 69 to 89 baht per kilo depending on the day. We tried whole chickens and thighs, but when you consider the waste in bones and the hassle of de-boning it, we decided boneless breasts were probably worth it. Oddly enough I think at Tesco the thighs are usually only about 10 baht less per kilo and I'm sure there is that much weight wastage in the bones so the breasts actually may be cheaper! We get four kilos about three times a month. Boiled shredded and mixed about 50-50 with rice once a day and they seem to like it. About once a week we do the same thing with a couple of cans of Tuna (mix it with rice right out of the cans) just for a change. We do keep Tesco kibble in a bowl for between meal snacks but I rarely see the dogs touch it. I think it mostly gets eaten by ants and birds.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Anyone know the phone number of Kasetsart Veterinary Hospital... searched but couldn't find it.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

hhfarang wrote:Anyone know the phone number of Kasetsart Veterinary Hospital... searched but couldn't find it.

Monday - Thursday 8.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
Friday 8.30 - 12 noon
Saturday, Sunday 9 a.m- - 2 p.m.

plus every evening 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.

They also have a 24 h emergency service

Phone no.
032-527605 to 8
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Thanks Barry! That information should be helpful to everyone here who has non human family members! :cheers:
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

[quote="prcscct"]Are these your guys and gals Barry? Pete :cheers:

Hi Pete
Ok, these are my guys and gals
Attachments
phpQyjpcrAM.jpg
phpQyjpcrAM.jpg (37.39 KiB) Viewed 275 times
phpGuqkgfAM.jpg
phpGuqkgfAM.jpg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 275 times