Curtain cleaning (dry cleaning etc.)

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
huahincharlie

Curtain cleaning (dry cleaning etc.)

Post by huahincharlie »

Hi. I have some good quality curtains that need cleaning, but not washing, as I do not want them to lose their crispness.

I have taken some to a place before and I do not know if they were just simply washed, but they do not look the same again. They just look limp.

Can anyone advice please? Preferably Cha-Am, but Hua Hin is fine. Many thanks.
Darius31
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Curtain cleaning (dry cleaning etc.)

Post by Darius31 »

There are two big curtain stores in Hua Hin on the petchkasem Rd between soi 49 and 53 if I remember correctly. I think they might help you with your requirement.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

I've seen a laundry advertising dry cleaning and THINK it might be one on Chomsin Rd between Petkasem and Naebkerhardt - near the 'Chinese Store.'
Good luck because dry cleaning used to be a very rare commodity except in Bangkok. And if UK prices are anything to go by expect to pay upwards of 2,000 baht for one pair of roughly 2 x 2 metre curtains. Anything much less and I would be very suspicious that they were just getting a 'special' wash - ie in cold water.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Dry cleaning fluid is available in the washing powder section of G supermarket and Makro for sure. This can be used either in a machine ( if large enough) or by hand.
The crispness of your curtains is probably more down to the pressing and starching.
no more dePreston