A favour please?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

A favour please?

Post by DawnHRD »

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing well in sunny HH :D

I see there are still plenty of 'old HHAD timers' on here & I'd like to ask a favour of any of them that knew me & my littl'un during our time in HH.

As those of you that remember us will know I'm back in UK & have been for over a year. Sadly, littl'un is still in Thailand after a year that has been filled with a lot of problems which have kept us apart. He's being well looked after by a friend of mine, we're in constant touch via skype & phone & I have been to Thailand to visit him.

Yesterday I met with a new lawyer in London, who thinks we should be able to get a visa for him under the 'child of the family' rule. To do this, I need to prove he was living with me for the length of time I have stated. Basically, I need photos of us together (or of littl'un with my Mum) and statements from people who knew us to say we were living as a family unit. Though I have loads of photos of littl'un, I was the one taking them, so I'm not in them (obviously).

If anyone that knew us has pics of us they could email or send, or if anyone is prepared to write a letter or email stating they knew littl'un & I as a family & how long they knew us, that would help immeasurably.

If you can help and are willing to do so, please pm me for my email or postal address.

Thanks loads.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Lily

Re: A favour please?

Post by Lily »

Good luck Dawn,
I really hope that you get Littl'un back where he belongs - with you.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Dawn pm'd you
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi Dawn

Great to hear from you again.

I'm sure we still have photos of you and littl'un here when we did the Mercy House cruise.
I'll try to dig them out over the next couple of days - and of course we'd be prepared to write a declaration about the relationship.

We really do hope this works out for you :)
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, good to hear from you Dawn and good luck!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Great to hear from you Dawn. Was he with you at the 2006 Christmas party when you brought the puppies? I know there are a lot of photos of that event floating around. I'll have a look through ours. All the best. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hi Dawn,

I'll have a search through my holiday photos to see if I can find anything. Regarding the Christmas party, there are a lot of photos still displayed here http://photos.huahinafterdark.com/main. ... temId=1657 .

I return to the UK on 16 Nov 10, and I'd be more than happy to write a letter for you. If you can PM me the details ie

- Who I'm writing to, or is it a 'To Who It May Concern' type letter.

- littl'un's full name and nickname (it would be embarrassing if I got that wrong).

- Your e-mail and postal address in the UK. e-mail for a proof reading; then postal address for the actual letter, which would include entry and exit passport stamps to prove I was in Thailand. Plus any photos I can find.

- Anything else that you would like included.

I will await your PM.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Yeah, good luck Dawn, hope it goes well for you!
Talk is cheap
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Bugger, just lost my post by viewing pics!!!

BB, will pm, you. Thanks loads for link, but I seem to remember asking that littl'un not be displayed. Maybe that was "not named", so I'll look again after I've posted. Not losing my post again!!! :D

Thanks hugely to those that have pm'ed me. Will answer in a mo.

Thanks to Lily & those that have expressed their good wishes.

BTW, it might interest anyone who might be uncomfortable about my wish to look after littl'un, that in April, his birth mother willingly & happily signed littl'un's guardianship, support, education, care & motherhood over to me.

Thanks to all that replied. :)

Edit - Just realised I lost the part that replied to Pete.

Yes, we were at that party, but I'm not sure if there'll be any pics of us together, Pete. Littl'un was far more interested in the other kids than in me.

Hope your little princess is doing well. How old is she now?
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

DawnHRD wrote:in April, his birth mother willingly & happily signed littl'un's guardianship, support, education, care & motherhood over to me.
Good luck Dawn, I hope it all works out.

Let us know how you get on.

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The photo link that BB listed Dawn has a pic of a boy sitting on JD's lap with you in the background. Don't know if he's your boy or not.

My little one turned 5 this past August and in 1st Grade already. Time is unfair, they grow up too fast, which is all the more reason for you to hopefully get all this taken care of and your boy back with you soonest. Good luck and I'm confident it will all work out. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

prcscct wrote:The photo link that BB listed Dawn has a pic of a boy sitting on JD's lap with you in the background. Don't know if he's your boy or not.

My little one turned 5 this past August and in 1st Grade already. Time is unfair, they grow up too fast, which is all the more reason for you to hopefully get all this taken care of and your boy back with you soonest. Good luck and I'm confident it will all work out. Pete :cheers:
You're right, Pete. 2 pics show littl'un - 1 with me sort of in the background. Not sure it's enough, but will take it along with any others.

My goodness, she's in school already? Time does get away from you & childhood is too precious to let that happen to.

All the best to you & yours.

And cheers to BaaBaa. :)

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

DawnHRD wrote:My goodness, she's in school already? Time does get away from you & childhood is too precious to let that happen to.

All the best to you & yours.

And cheers to BaaBaa. :)
Mine's in Thai "pre-school" and I don't think I had a "little'un" last time you were on! :laugh:

:cheers:
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Wishing you well - used to see the two of you on Soi 88 but alas no photos.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Hope all go's well Dawn.
www.35mmview.com