Recreational vehicles

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Recreational vehicles

Post by poosmate »

Prcsccot mentioned in another thread something I have often wondered about.why are there no Caravans? or Caravanettes ( English RV). or even trailer tents. I would have thought a demand would be here for small RV's 2 -4 person. Thailand is quite big and offers plenty of places to camp. I know there are lots of cheap resorts everywhere but quite honestly most I have found near to Thai tourist areas are quite grim.Would this not be a market opportunity aimed toward upmarket backpacker types? Or young families for whom a hotel is not ideal.
no more dePreston
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Recreational vehicles

Post by hhfarang »

... No RV parks with hookups...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

hhfarang wrote:... No RV parks with hookups...
Plenty of hookups though! :laugh:
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

... No RV parks with hookups...
Yanks do not understand camping and self sufficiency. Even given a van fitted with a generator ,water tanks and are designed to live away from services they still want to get cable Tv and a Pizza delivered :)
no more dePreston
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Yanks do not understand camping and self sufficiency.
I've spent thousands of days and nights camping and self sufficiency means a tent or even no tent and just sleeping bags on the ground with an open camp fire (which I did often when I was young), but as I got older I owned pickup trucks and travel trailers. With them it was nice to pull into an RV park with electric, water, and dumping hookups... not camping but more enjoyable to some than staying in a hotel. I doubt Thailand will ever have those type of facilities.

Luckily, the U.S. is covered with National and State parks with RV facilities in them as well as many private RV parks outside of government owned areas. It makes for a very enjoyable vacation when you live in a place that is 3000 miles across and has everything from tropical beaches to snow capped mountains. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Spent 5 weeks in a 30 footer in California, Colorado and Texas. Best way to see the States and meet real US people. They have the roads and the hook ups. Something not possible here though.

Caravaning would be a good way of seeing the country and I'm surprised it does not happen. Security would be an issue though
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Trying to place the no parking ticket after a windy night :laugh:

http://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.co ... ppojoe.jpg

Maybe Thailand is not ready for these. They fit 7 on a Honda Wave an RV........? :shock:
no more dePreston
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

poosmate wrote:Trying to place the no parking ticket after a windy night :laugh:

Maybe Thailand is not ready for these. They fit 7 on a Honda Wave an RV........? :shock:
I'm sure that link is funny, but I don't have permission to view it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:
poosmate wrote:Trying to place the no parking ticket after a windy night :laugh:

I'm sure that link is funny, but I don't have permission to view it.
Don`t feel left out BB, neither do I. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:I'm sure that link is funny, but I don't have permission to view it.
But you can enter the file name into images.google.com. Check out:

just the photo: http://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.co ... ppojoe.jpg

the original page: http://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.co ... g_tips.php