Leasing

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
pinksquid

Leasing

Post by pinksquid »

I apologize if this has been asked before-- I did read the subject lines of all the topics here and read most of the posts (and their comments) on this first page, but it is entirely possible that I missed something.

This is purely a intellectual enquiry, as the information I tend to find is: "here is an example of a typical contract, it is for 30 years and with a personal agreement (which is not enforceable) you can add another 30 (or 30 plus 30) but it is a private agreement which may not be enforceable in a court of law."

To the questions, has anyone had experience with leasing land and if so what was it? What are the pros and cons of leasing land? How easy is it to turn around and sell a house on leased land? Would it be better to buy a building and lease the land from a developer, or can they not be trusted?

Again, this is just something I was wondering about with no opinion one way or another. I find quite a bit of information on the forming of a company but little in the way of purchasing a building and leasing the land.

I thank you in advance! :thumb:
As of mid August I am on vacation via traveling around the globe and I am not returning until the end of November (I have no Internet access until I return). Have fun!