Avalon development

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
suej
Amateur
Amateur

I've moved in !

Post by suej »

Hello folks thought i would let you know that i am at present residing in my new villa on Avalon 1. I've been there for 2 weeks now, granted it is a building site and it can be a bit noisey but the workers are all really nice and friendly. we have security on site all night. Also the mains electric was connected day before we moved in. Water has been a problem the pressure sometimes disappears, we also had no water for 3 days we are using the town supply and I know the development will be moving onto its own water supply. It is looking good many of the villas having had their first coat of paint, some looking nearly finished. We have had a few teething problems but being the first ones there we expected it, they are working hard to sort problems out. Espec the air con which has been a bit of a pain. The pool is usable and nice. Taxis in the town are getting to know where we are just say you are by Wat Kao Noi Temple by elephants then hang out of the tuc tuc pointing where to go! If any one wants any info i''m here until 31st Aug.
westmoor04
Amateur
Amateur

Avalon

Post by westmoor04 »

Hi everyone,

Like previous post we too have been staying in our villa on Avalon, I would agree with all Sue's comments. Our villa was due for completion Dec 05 and we just managed to get in in August, that said it was worth the wait, we visited in Jan and were not able to get in because of water and elec, we ended up renting a beautiful villa instead and initially thought it was going to make our villa look crappy, after renting this villa for a few weeks we realised just what good quality our villa was, kitchens, power shower etc, the finishing is a lot better in our villa and it cost £40,000 less. Also everyone we have spoke to not connected with Avalon, had really good things too say about developer, all said he has a good reputation. As to delays, hey it's Thailand.

westmoor04
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Westmoor,

Where were you renting?
kris
Novice
Novice

Re: Avalon

Post by kris »

westmoor04 wrote:Hi everyone,

Like previous post we too have been staying in our villa on Avalon, I would agree with all Sue's comments. Our villa was due for completion Dec 05 and we just managed to get in in August, that said it was worth the wait, we visited in Jan and were not able to get in because of water and elec, we ended up renting a beautiful villa instead and initially thought it was going to make our villa look crappy, after renting this villa for a few weeks we realised just what good quality our villa was, kitchens, power shower etc, the finishing is a lot better in our villa and it cost £40,000 less. Also everyone we have spoke to not connected with Avalon, had really good things too say about developer, all said he has a good reputation. As to delays, hey it's Thailand.

westmoor04
hi westmoor...i am considering putting a deposit down on one of the plots in the new summerland development, i haven`t been to visit yet though but i know there is alot of interest and i don`t want to miss out on, what seems like a good opportunity, i am considering just going ahead and putting a deposit down anyway through the sterling b/ac, do you know how far the summerland project is from hua hin town?...the pics of avalon look great!!...do u have any pics u could share?
anyone for tennis?...