O-A Visa and Thai Company

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

O-A Visa and Thai Company

Post by ITKMAN »

Seems there is an inherent conflict with having a Thai Company to buy a house and haveing an O-A Visa. I just renewed my O-A and ther is a new stamp that says employment prohibited....

Any info...........
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

If you want to get a work permit you have to get a Non imm B visa. You do not need a work permit if you have a company.
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

Well

Post by ITKMAN »

the question is and was...........

Are you working if you have a company??????
I know people with companies and still have to make visa runs....
I just pop in and say Howdy, I'm here. With a quick spwipe of my Passport in legal????? Now about that deal of working..If you own a corp are you worlking????????????/
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

NO
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

You are not permited to work on a OA Visa
you can not legaly be a share
holder of a company without a none B if you are in the kingdom

as a share holder or director of a company you need a none B visa

If you have a work permit and your company does not have the required amount of Thai employees you have to leave the country every 90 days as without a work permit on a none B

This may be the reason your freind has to leave the country or they are working ilegaly
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

dr dave soul monsta wrote: as a share holder or director of a company you need a none B visa
I'm not sure your correct about having to have a non imm B to be a share holder of a company. I imagine most foreigners who have companies and are not working do not have this type of visa.
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

KKK Jimmie

Post by ITKMAN »

Seems that many retired people live in thailand on O-A visas and own a home......

Do we have more to ring in on the info...I would hate to have to visit the other board for info... :cuss:
Gutte

Post by Gutte »

I own my house in HH through a thai company with no Thai employees. I don't have a work permit and my visa is O-A. In reality there has been no problem. It is obviously not very logical, but when I asked somebody about it, the answer was "no, no, it's different thing...".

My guess is that this is something that some time in the future can bring up a stir similar to the one we're seeing now with the Thai nominee shareholders in companies.

It can come any month but it may just as well be another 20 years with no problems. For that reason I have decided to not think any more about it...

Gutte