Property foundation voids

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Property foundation voids

Post by Henry 14th »

After the heavy rains this year our 18 month old property has revealed a number of foundation voids that we would like to patch up.

Does anyone have an experience with resolving a similar issue?

A scan around YouTube seems to suggest some kind of foam may do the trick. Is such a product available here in HH?

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
deepee
Guru
Guru

Re: Foundation voids

Post by deepee »

Got any pics of your voids there Henry 14th ?
Complexity is so simply overrated
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I'd be interested if anyone has any good experience of resolving this problem in HH, too.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

It appears that the issue is not as serious as I had first expected.

Basically since the house is relatively new, much of the garden and earth around the house has compacted, which has revealed some gaps between the garden and foundations.

We have been advised to simply re-do the garden by applying a heap of earth to essentially raise the level of the garden area again.

Work starts today and in 3 days time we expect to have a freshly laid lawn.

Fingers are crossed that this is the correct solution.

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Henry 14th wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 am It appears that the issue is not as serious as I had first expected.

Basically since the house is relatively new, much of the garden and earth around the house has compacted, which has revealed some gaps between the garden and foundations.

We have been advised to simply re-do the garden by applying a heap of earth to essentially raise the level of the garden area again.

I see. A void usually describes a space underneath foundations or concrete slabs, not beside them.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: Property foundation voids

Post by Henry 14th »

404cameljockey wrote:
Henry 14th wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 am It appears that the issue is not as serious as I had first expected.

I see. A void usually describes a space underneath foundations or concrete slabs, not beside them.
Yes it appears I got the terminology wrong.