House Purchase in Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
dstarkey
Rookie
Rookie

House Purchase in Hua Hin

Post by dstarkey »

We are having a holiday home built in Hua Hin with plans to spend some quality time in Thailand. Information on setting up bank account (internet account) paying bills etc. Also having a kitchen installed before we move in. Final question at this time we are buying this through what we believe a good agent in Hua Hin, should we hire a lawer.
D E Starkey
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Re: House Purchase in Hua Hin

Post by johnnyk »

dstarkey wrote:We are having a holiday home built in Hua Hin with plans to spend some quality time in Thailand. Information on setting up bank account (internet account) paying bills etc. Also having a kitchen installed before we move in. Final question at this time we are buying this through what we believe a good agent in Hua Hin, should we hire a lawer.
I went to the main Kasikorn Bank branch 34/2 Petchkasem Rd and opened a chequing account. Took 20 mins, cost 150 baht and got an ATM card immediately.
Tell them you want to use internet and they will put your e-mail addy into the computer and send you a mail with password details etc.
You can then use internet to pay utility bills directly and you can pay anybody else in Thailand as well if you have their bank account number.
You will need a lawyer to sort through stuff like leaseholds or freeholds.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

dstarkey

You are already buying a house but have not already got a lawyer. :roll:

Why dont you contact the British Embassy and ask their advice, i can assure you they will be very helpfull.

Mike.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Ditto the above advice.
Would you buy a home in your own country and not have a lawyer? I hope your kitchen turns out OK :thumb: