New to here. Need some help on real estate and just general

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Stevler
Novice
Novice

New to here. Need some help on real estate and just general

Post by Stevler »

Hello,

My name is sweeney and i am from Canada. I am 57 years old. My wife is 44. I am living in china at this time. I would like to look at purchasing a place in Hua Hin or cha am and would like to chat with someone that may be able to shed some light on the ups and downs of doing so. I will be coming to Hua Hin next month to look around. Any recommendations on a good real estate agent?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sweeney
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New to here. Need some help on real estate and just gene

Post by Norseman »

Take a look at the end of our sponsors list.
There you'll find the right people to ask.
Stevler
Novice
Novice

Re: New to here. Need some help

Post by Stevler »

Thanks for your info
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Bear in mind that if your wife is not Thai, you cannot legally own land here without forming a legitimate company or leasing for 30 years. You can, however, own a condominium.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Lots of properties to choose from and a good place to live. Before you buy anything, get a lawyer to guide you through the process and to make sure that contracts and chanotes are ok. You never want to go to court here because you got no chance. Before you buy anything off any developer, do your homework and seek out others who have bought from them.
Stevler
Novice
Novice

Post by Stevler »

hhfarang wrote:Bear in mind that if your wife is not Thai, you cannot legally own land here without forming a legitimate company or leasing for 30 years. You can, however, own a condominium.
Thankyou for your reply. My wife is chinese and i am looking at condos.

I appreceoate your info. Thanks again
Stevler
Novice
Novice

Post by Stevler »

heartofmidlothian wrote:Lots of properties to choose from and a good place to live. Before you buy anything, get a lawyer to guide you through the process and to make sure that contracts and chanotes are ok. You never want to go to court here because you got no chance. Before you buy anything off any developer, do your homework and seek out others who have bought from them.
Thank you for your sound advice. These were my thoughts as well.

Did you purchase a condo and if so do you have an recommendations on real estate agents i may contact.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Sweeney
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

I have never bought a condo but they are the safest. You can own them outright. There are plenty of condos available but I dont know which real estate agent is best. Just take a couple of days to drive around Hua Hin and visit a few agents.
Stevler
Novice
Novice

Post by Stevler »

heartofmidlothian wrote:I have never bought a condo but they are the safest. You can own them outright. There are plenty of condos available but I dont know which real estate agent is best. Just take a couple of days to drive around Hua Hin and visit a few agents.

Thanks again for the advice..
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

My recommendation would be to do a little window shopping at the realtors/estate agents. See something you like then ask.

However when you are in the hands of a realtor you are pin-balled from one property to the next and the next with no time to look around the area. Take a GPS/Smart phone and revisit the locations during the evening/night. A little personal research goes a long way and, a property that seems perfect by daylight will take on a whole new dimension at night, with street vendors, noise, soi dogs etc. Hire a rental bike or car and you will find properties not listed.

Always use a good solicitor/law firm to check the details.

I hope that you enjoy the area and find something suitable
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I prefer it when a client sends a wish list of what they really want and we can send links to appropriate property, you can spend hours looking at pictures and descriptions of places that could well be nothing like what you want, when a simple mail can be done in minutes :).
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

Norseman wrote:Take a look at the end of our sponsors list.
There you'll find the right people to ask.
I would agree with this.
We have experience in buying using this company and found them to be very helpful, friendly and professional.
If you give JW your requirements, im sure he will be back in touch with you before long.
Good luck in your search.

T2
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Thanks Traveller2,

Just to confirm...I am Hot Property Hua Hin, another agent recently opened hot hua hin property... not very inventive but pretty smart..
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

JW wrote:Thanks Traveller2,

Just to confirm...I am Hot Property Hua Hin, another agent recently opened hot hua hin property... not very inventive but pretty smart..

:laugh: :laugh: Agree ,not very inventive but pretty smart, now we only need a Hua Hin Hot Proberty to make real funny.

:cheers: :cheers:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I guess we should take it as a complement.. :)