Want to rent a house in Pranburi/Samroiyod <10K

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Want to rent a house in Pranburi/Samroiyod <10K

Post by PBbeacher »

Hi all,
I've been staying in the Pranburi area for 4 months now (I got lucky and have been able stay in a very nice house by the beach for low rent while the owner is away) and the whole of this time, I have been riding around looking for a more long term set up, to no avail.
I think I have looked around every soi and moobahn in the Pranburi, Pak Nam Pran and Khao Khalok area and there seems to be nothing in the range I am looking for (have seen one crumby place for 3K, and many beauties for 20++K)
The couple that I found for under 10K just don't seem to be worth what the landlords are asking (perhaps as they work on the basis that they will clean the place up and remove all the junk from the house and garden after and not before an agreement has been made!) ;)
I just need a simple 2 bedroom place with a kitchen, garden of some sort and living room area. Locations in order of preference would be Pranburi/Khao Khalok/Pak Nam Pran/Sam Roi Yod.
I am sure there must be some out there as when I ask the locals they seem to think there are plenty, but nobody ever comes through with any specifics.
Anyone got any ideas? I think I have spent all the hours I can doing the 'legwork' on this!
Thanks in advance for any pointers,
PBbeacher
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Want to rent a house in Pranburi/Samroiyod <10K

Post by Takiap »

I think 10K may be asking too much, given the areas you've mentioned, unless you're will to have a relatively run down place.

Good luck though :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Re: Want to rent a house in Pranburi/Samroiyod <10K

Post by PBbeacher »

I'm doing it right now, although by total fluke...

I don't care if it's old/needs some work/whatever, not looking for a palace, no need for western style 'luxuries'. Got a pool now, and I can definitely live without it. More hassle than it's worth, I reckon.

Cheers though.