buying a villa in AKA resort opp kings palace

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
brentaz
Rookie
Rookie

buying a villa in AKA resort opp kings palace

Post by brentaz »

Hello all, Super web site... I have put a deposit on a villa in the new AKA resort which is near the kings palace,Has anybody seen this project and can give me advice on the location near/far from town.
Does it look good .... all comments much welcome. cheers Bren :cheers:
thailooper

Post by thailooper »

Looked at buying in AKA. 6% guaranteed for 2 years looks attractive but I wouldn't be too optmistic about maintaining that return given the astronomical rent being sought @ $300 per night. I know that they are only budgeting 35% occupancy but plenty 5 star resorts offering excellent accomodation at half the cost. The swimming pool is just a large fish tank. The cost per sq ft is also high - can buy 2k sq ft villa with larger pool for $140/160k. Bacically, you're paying Irish prices (maybe not Dublin prices though!). Sorry !
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Hi brentaz

Let me get this right, you have put a deposit on a villa opposite the kings palace.

But from what you say, you have not seen this resort and dont know how far from town it is.

You sound like just the sort of investor these property companies are looking for. :roll:

mike.
tonychang

Post by tonychang »

Couldnt agree more mike. Just as my parents generation were, the Thais are hooked on the idea of the surburbian utopia but some of us just dont wanna live in a cul-de-sac. I used to cycle round HH and see some great places for sale 5 minutes walk from the beach, so what if the masonry's crumbling and the yard is overgrown, in the future someone will probably knock it down and put flats(apartments) on it anyway. And that was in the not so long ago days when you could buy a house for less than a mill!
brentaz
Rookie
Rookie

thanks for the comments about AKA

Post by brentaz »

Thanks lads for the comments/opinions, But what would be more helpfull at this point is info about the place like does anybody live near this place and if so could they buzz up and have a look and then give some comment and perhaps a digital photo if thats not too cheeky.
cheers bren :thumb:
crystal
Novice
Novice

Post by crystal »

Hi Brentaz
We too are looking to buy a place in HH this year, but would not buy without seeing location. I will be in HH for 4 weeks in July will buz over to AKA resort and check the place out. YOu don't say how much you have paid, I am looking for an older property to do up in my own style. Good luck and hope you enjoy HH it is a great place. :cheers:
crystal
brentaz
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks Crystal on AKA

Post by brentaz »

Hi Crystal,
Thanks a mil for your reply ...It would be great if you can check the place out for me and perhaps take a digi photo.The web site for the place is www.akaresorts.com ..and again thanks a mil.. might see you guys for a beer when our place is ready. :cheers: