Hotel Customer Behaviors Towards Sustainability

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Mandy with cats
Amateur
Amateur

Hotel Customer Behaviors Towards Sustainability

Post by Mandy with cats »

Hello everyone, I am doing a school project and studying the hotel customer behaviors changes towards sustainability, especially cases in Hua Hin, would you please send 5 mins to complete a simply survey for me? No personal data will be collected, thanks a lot!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FMHS8LD
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Hotel Customer Behaviors Towards Sustainability

Post by Ginjaninja »

Sustainability of what? The environment?
"How you concerned about sustainability when staying in a hotel?"
You might want to recheck your grammar also.....
GN.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I fell down on question 2, so came out again :cry:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yep Q2. Doesn't make any sense!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

A new stupidity.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Really? Sustainability is most widely recognised now as the avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance. I didn't think of any other definition when I read the post, why might you?

Q2 is simple. It just asks about how you react to things during a hotel stay, like reusing towels, changing of bedding, re-use rather than replacement of drinking glasses you used maybe for water, etc. How is that hard to understand? For example I reuse towels for many days unless an accident occurs. I rinse drinking glasses and put them back on the stand when feasible. I don't even ask a maid to remake beds, vacuum the room, etc. unless staying for a long time. I use the 'do not disturb sign' to save resources, rather than have a room that looks unused each day.

And quibbling about grammar is just mean. Do you know the nationality or age of the OP? it's a SCHOOL PROJECT, FFS! Get a life. :cuss:

And eurotrash, your comment is typical of you.

I only answered the survey and hope I helped a young girl in her school work.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe I'm stupid :oops: . I did not recognise it as meaning that, or anything else for that matter. Usually, a survey has a bit of a preamble, it might have helped.

Mandy, can you confirm 404cameljockey's explanation please. If that is what you are looking for, I will try again.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

ENVIRONMENT, NATURAL RESOURCES the idea that goods and services should be produced in ways that do not use resources that cannot be replaced and that do not damage the environment:

The successful coffee chain promotes sustainability within the coffee-growing regions.

The ability to continue at a particular level for a period of time:
It's not clear in the survey.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Is this the same Mandy that a couple of weeks ago was wanting to build a house? Palm Hills was mentioned, and oh, doesn't need a swimming pool.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

^
Knobjockey seems oblivious to this... any excuse to argue with some more forum members it appears.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Ginjaninja wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:51 pm ^
Knobjockey seems oblivious to this... any excuse to argue with some more forum members it appears.
Oh, really? Your first reply treated the post as serious but unclear. As did BB. Seems you were oblivious too, so you can stop crowing.

My reply tried to explain what question 2 means. So I'm argumentative for that? I took the post at face value and tried to help by answering the survey, and I don't see anyone else that didn't think it serious until Nereus questioned it.

If mods or admins believed that this poster is posting mischievous rubbish, they would be warned then banned.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

the survey is quite straightforward, why split hair ??? not everybody is native English, stop nitpicking
at least, if written by students, they try their best which is more than can be said about many when they learn a foreign language
Mandy with cats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mandy with cats »

Thans for the explanation. Sustainable development is widely considered in many business and i didnt realise some people would still have no idea what it is. Basically it relates to 3Ps which are People, Planet and Profit. So Q2 was about, how you care about the 3Ps and would u take action to help those when stay in a hotel. Ok people challenge my gramma, so how should i improve in writing that question?
404cameljockey wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 pm Really? Sustainability is most widely recognised now as the avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance. I didn't think of any other definition when I read the post, why might you?

Q2 is simple. It just asks about how you react to things during a hotel stay, like reusing towels, changing of bedding, re-use rather than replacement of drinking glasses you used maybe for water, etc. How is that hard to understand? For example I reuse towels for many days unless an accident occurs. I rinse drinking glasses and put them back on the stand when feasible. I don't even ask a maid to remake beds, vacuum the room, etc. unless staying for a long time. I use the 'do not disturb sign' to save resources, rather than have a room that looks unused each day.

And quibbling about grammar is just mean. Do you know the nationality or age of the OP? it's a SCHOOL PROJECT, FFS! Get a life. :cuss:

And eurotrash, your comment is typical of you.

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Generally the Hotel industry has been very pro-active in these endeavours--Of course when I say "The hotel Industry" I mean principally the 5 and 4-star Hotels.
It is interesing that although many businesses in Thai have reduced the number of ex-pats at senior levels Swiss and Germans (Both very precise, public-minded people) managers are the rule.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

So, 1 to the knobjockey.

Mandy, just get used to the fact that there are a lot of petty quibblers here, and old people that are always looking for 'something to be wrong'.

Sustainability is not high on the agenda of most small hotels here, as oakdale says (apart from using the same towels for maybe 10 years, until they hardly contain any fabric. :D) This is Thailand, but maybe it's the same in many non-first world countries. 4 or 5 star ones do care a bit more about protecting their reputations.

I hope our answers will be of use, I did make some comments in the text boxes provided also.