City Beach ?

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
duke
Novice
Novice

City Beach ?

Post by duke »

First post here and am looking for info about the City Beach. Have stayed there before but reports say that it has gone downhill of late. I will be visiting late Feb for two weeks with my wife (Thai) and three year old daughter and am looking for somewhere close to the bars and beach for about 1500 baht per night.
At the moment it's down to the City Beach, Sirin or Jed Pee Nong has anyone any thoughts on these three please.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

HI and welcome to the board,
Last time I looked the rooms were a bit shabby and in need of decoration (6 months ago). The Star Planet disco gets very busy and noisy at weekends so it will probably disturb you if you're on the lower floors.

Jed Pee Nong and Sirin are both centrally located, decent places although I havent stayed in either so cant comment on the rooms.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I've received plenty of complaints from my customers concerning this particular hotel. Staff is unfriendly, not smiling, unhelpful, cleaners are often late, no toilet paper on the loo, noisy both disco and pidgeons on the balconies. Oh well, I even had my helmet stolen from the basket of my bike while being on duty (1/2 hour) at the parking lot. The only thing the guard said to me was: "You probably weren't wearing one when you came." This was in Thai language. I've already passed on the info to my company in Finland. :cry:
Fybo

Post by Fybo »

I stayed at CB last May, and the rooms could do with a bit of renovation and the room towels had defiantly seen better days. It can be a bit noisy, so I would suggest 5th or 6th floor at the back of the hotel. With regards to the service, my experiences have always been good. I’m probably going to stay there again this year – which will be my 4th year running at the CB. However, I have been recommended the Thipurai City Hotel (which I am considering), and it looks very modern and appears to be geared towards family style accommodation.
duke
Novice
Novice

Post by duke »

Thanks for all of the advice. I like the look of the Thipurai City Hotel and it's currently top of my list, all I've got to do now is convince the better half :wink:
halau
Amateur
Amateur

Post by halau »

I would agree witht the comments here, the rooms have seen better days and i stayed on the 4th floor if i remember right and the bass comming form disco was bad news if ya wanted early night.....

I wont stay there again for sure