Accommodation on Soi 156

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Accommodation on Soi 156

Post by pdm3547 »

I've got a potential deal on a villa on Soi 156 for my imminent 6-month stay in Hua Hin.

The area is not one I've visited before, and I'd be grateful for any insights or information into the vicinity - bars, restaurants, shops, entertainment, etc.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Soi 156

Post by dtaai-maai »

It's a fair way south of Hua Hin proper (12 km at a guess), past the turn-off to Kao Tao. That area is developing rapidly and more shops appear every day.

You'll need transport. It's a 5 min drive into Kao Tao and probably 20 mins into the centre of HH. Some nice beaches not far away (Kao Tao and Hat Sai Noi).

Plenty of restaurants in the general area, but probably not much within walking distance. Evening entertainment limited unless things have livened up in the last year or so. If you have a car, Pranburi and PakNamPran are within easy reach.
This is the way
Big Boy

Re: Accommodation on Soi 156

Post by Big Boy »

I visit friends there a lot. Nice development, well cared for. Water supply is sometimes a problem.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Thanks to you all. It's a little too far out, I think, but sounds like an up and coming area.
poptherock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by poptherock »

Up and coming area??...yes in a few years time....I tell you, honestly, no one stays out there without a car...
Kao Tao...after dark plenty of restaurants?...please tell me where?
Next to nothing and Prak Nam Pran ...about :| same distance as Hua Hin city centre...
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

i lived on soi 156. lack of water can be a problem. you may need a water truck. it is quite by thailand standards, no roosters, no trains, no trucks, no temples. solid 20 minutes or more to get to HH. Traffic on the main highway is very dangerous. one family mart within walking distance for small items, but you have to cross the highway. you can walk to a very nice restaurant on the corner of 156 that was a wood carving shop. very good fish soup. but that is it. one or two small bars in the area. one small massage place. no night life at all. great beach due east 10 minutes. Go south 15 minutes to go to Tesco Lotus. just get into the idea that there is no street food or night markets near by or much of anything else and you will not be walking anywhere. great fried chicken, food carts and more beaches on soi 101 about 8 minutes north. i got really tired of driving into HH to have fun everynight.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Ok. I think that's made my mind up! No wonder the place was cheap!

Sounds like it's back to Soi 88 for me.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

The houses there are palaces. Really great with pools and gated yards. Just far from everything.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Our friend's house is very nice, but I wouldn't call it a palace :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18