Accommodation and transport to Hua Hin

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
berroni
Novice
Novice

Accommodation and transport to Hua Hin

Post by berroni »

Hi people, I'm coming to Thailand tomorrow and was ment to be part of a group, I'm now coming alone as I have flights booked and am very nervous. Iv never really traveled alone before and was after some advice. Im heading to Hua Hin and wondered how to get their from Bangcock airport. Then wondered where the best most central place to stay is for things to do in the evening ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.s, Im a 33 year old male (a rather nurvous one ) !
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Re: Any help would be great :-)

Post by Arlo »

No need to be nervous. Excited should be how you feel.
berroni
Novice
Novice

Post by berroni »

Cheers Arlo, gan you give me any advice on how to get to hua hin and the best area to stay ? it looks huge on a map
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

http://airporthuahinbus.com/
Plenty of hotels and guest houses in the down town area which is very compact. So don't worry.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Accommodation and transport to Hua Hin

Post by Lev »

There is plenty of accommodation listed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20705
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

There is a bus directly from the airport if you want to pay less. For 2000+ baht you can hire a private taxi.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/

This bus will drop you off a little south of the main area of town. Easy enough to get a motorbike taxi from bus station to main part of town. Just tell them to take you to the Hilton. That is a good landmark to start looking for a hotel in the nightlife area if you still haven't booked a room.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Berroni
Is this the first time to Thailand. If so, for sure take the bus from the BKK airport to Hua Hin.
Once you are in Hua Hin, the city is not very large compared with BKK. The Hilton is easy to see from blocks away. If need be for you and your luggage, find a taxi or Tuk Tuk to Hilton.
From there there is other cheaper hotels and guest houses pretty close. even the other big hotel near by is a bit cheaper. Or if you have the bucks ,get a room at the Hilton for 1 or 2 nights and
enjoy luxury before heading for another place, that way you can get over jet lag, and confusion before
exploring HH. Enjoy!
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Stargeezer wrote:Berroni
Is this the first time to Thailand. If so, for sure take the bus from the BKK airport to Hua Hin.
Once you are in Hua Hin, the city is not very large compared with BKK. The Hilton is easy to see from blocks away. If need be for you and your luggage, find a taxi or Tuk Tuk to Hilton.
From there there is other cheaper hotels and guest houses pretty close. even the other big hotel near by is a bit cheaper. Or if you have the bucks ,get a room at the Hilton for 1 or 2 nights and
enjoy luxury before heading for another place, that way you can get over jet lag, and confusion before
exploring HH. Enjoy!
Stargeezer
He came about 3 weeks ago, so he's probably already back home - maybe the op will post a report about his visit?