Accommodations in Hua Hin

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
hawaiianwahine
Novice
Novice

Accommodations in Hua Hin

Post by hawaiianwahine »

aloha hua hin,

my husband and i will be in hua hin for about 3 weeks in september. we are still trying to decide if we should rent a house, condo or a hotel. anyone have suggestions?

also, i want to take a 6 or 7 day side trip to laos. anyone have any ideas on this and/or can recommend a good travel agent in hua hin.

many thanks for responses in advance.
Big Boy

Re: Accommodations in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Welcome to the forum hawaiianwahine. A lot will depend on your budget. You will see on the right of the page, Hua Hin's hotels etc are listed under the Accommodation link, and sub-divided according to budget. These links include reviews and online booking services, which will be as cheap as anywhere else.

Renting a house or condo could prove expensive for such a short period,
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

hawaiianwahine wrote:my husband and i will be in hua hin for about 3 weeks in september. we are still trying to decide if we should rent a house, condo or a hotel. anyone have suggestions?
Well it's hard to give advices with so little information. What are your preferences? How much are you willing to pay? In Hua Hin you can find just about anything, but I think you have to ask yourself what you want. You can rent a large luxury house with private pool close to the beach, and pay a lot. You can also stay in a crappy guest house, far from the city, close to nothing and pay close to nothing. And everything in between.

Do you want to live in the middle of the city or is it OK to have maybe fifteen minutes with car/motorbike/tuk tuk to the city and beach? Do you prefer to make your own meals, go out to different restaurants every day or do you want all meals in "the resort"? Are you comfortable to drive around yourself in the traffic or do you think a tuk tuk trip is a nightmare?

Try to describe a little better what you like, and I'm sure you will get good suggestions.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I tend to agree with what big boy has said, renting a house for 3 weeks (or is that 2 weeks in HH and 1 week in Laos?) can be difficult to find and of course more expensive for a short stay compared to long-term rental.

Ralfredo also makes some good points about trying to find out what your preferences are, so post away and wait for the replies.