Hi Where to stay and how to get there

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Docker
Novice
Novice

Hi Where to stay and how to get there

Post by Docker »

Hi All
I have been to LOS a few times over the last 4 years but am still a newbie outside of Pattaya.
I have read a few forums giving advice on Hua Hin but thought I would ask the experts. I am looking to visit in October this year for a week or 3 depending how well it goes. I have had the Jed Pee Nong Hotel recommended to me as a nice clean friendly (and guest friendly) hotel. any different opinions on this?
Can anyone recommend a cheap by reliable taxi that I can book in advance to pick me up at swampy and delivery me in a safe a timely fashion to the hotel.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Docker
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Hi Where to stay and how to get there

Post by Ginjaninja »

Check out the sponsors list on the right.
Airport taxi will cost you 2,600THB. You want cheaper than that?
GN.
Docker
Novice
Novice

Post by Docker »

Ginjaninja wrote:Check out the sponsors list on the right.
Airport taxi will cost you 2,600THB. You want cheaper than that?
GN.
Thanks for your reply but I was looking for a more personal response, somebody that has stayed at the hotel and what they thought of it.
As for the taxi I do not like the gauntlet of taxis at swampy and always book Mr T Taxis (From Pattaya) when I go to Pattaya and was hoping again for some personal experience of SAFE and reliable taxi services to Hua Hin.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Problem is that most forum members are ExPats living in HH and we/they do not stay in local hotels

Taxi is ok, but you take your chances, there is an airport bus to HH which has a good reputation and is safer than most taxis. check the thread http://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... irport+bus
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
luckyalf
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckyalf »

I booked Jed Pee Nong for 3 weeks 2 years ago, only stayed 1 night as room was awful, water dripping through ceiling. I know many people recommend it, but my own experience was not good.Ended up staying in Sirin just across the road which was much better.
Docker
Novice
Novice

Post by Docker »

Bristolian wrote:Problem is that most forum members are ExPats living in HH and we/they do not stay in local hotels

Taxi is ok, but you take your chances, there is an airport bus to HH which has a good reputation and is safer than most taxis. check the thread
Many thanks for the info
Docker
Novice
Novice

Post by Docker »

luckyalf wrote:I booked Jed Pee Nong for 3 weeks 2 years ago, only stayed 1 night as room was awful, water dripping through ceiling. I know many people recommend it, but my own experience was not good.Ended up staying in Sirin just across the road which was much better.
Many thanks for the info
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

IMO the best taxi driver in HuaHin is Tom at the Boat restaurant. He does (I hope he still does!) a lot of airport runs and speaks excellent English. But you would need someone on here to pass you his mobile number and you would need to book direct with him well in advance. I would suggest phoning him a month before you are due to arrive, and then confirm nearer the time.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

There is a full list of hotels with reviews and online booking here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20705

You can book taxis online here: http://taxihuahin.net/
Docker
Novice
Novice

Post by Docker »

margaretcarnes wrote:IMO the best taxi driver in HuaHin is Tom at the Boat restaurant. He does (I hope he still does!) a lot of airport runs and speaks excellent English. But you would need someone on here to pass you his mobile number and you would need to book direct with him well in advance. I would suggest phoning him a month before you are due to arrive, and then confirm nearer the time.
Hi thanks for the advice on the taxi front. I have been in a comfort zone with Pattaya, same hotel, same taxi visit the same bars so while I am looking for something different and in all honestly a little less hard core than Patts I would still l like a hotel that is nice, clean and most importantly guest friendly in the main bar area any help appreciated.
mrco

Post by mrco »

I can recommend PP Villa Hotel or Thipurai City Hotel(Puang Pen Villa), both are close to the beach and in the middle of everything. As for Taxi you can use Mr T to Hua Hin too, I have done it a lot of times
ttk
Novice
Novice

Post by ttk »

I am at the Jed Pee Nong now. No water here now and it has dumped buckets a few nights. I would rate this 3 star. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Pool is OK. Breakfast is simple. Close to bar area and at 1300/night a good deal. It is easy to get most places and every time I have taken a taxi, they knew where the hotel was. Short walk to the train station if if you want that option to Bangkok.