Booking airport hotel rooms..

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Booking airport hotel rooms..

Post by usual suspect »

HELP..I need to book rooms at an airport hotel, but it would seem this is only possible with a credit card, No one seems to accept debit cards..Asiarooms, & Agoda have both accepted my debit card details,& sent me confirmation, then only when I've contacted them to ask why no funds have gone out do they then tell me about this.. :?
Does any forum member have details/reccomendations of any airport hotel that DOES allow bookings on a debit card..?? (or a hotel that WILL answer it's phone to take bookings?)
Many thanks as ever..U.S.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Booking airport hotel rooms..

Post by Pleng »

Are you sure the information you've been given is correct?

As far as I'm aware these types of sites only take your credit/debit card details to secure the room, and don't actually debit until your check in date.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

I think that Pleng is right.

I use Asiarooms a lot (last time was yesterday). I always use Debit Card, and yes, they do not deduct, its only for holding and no-show.

Yesterday I booked some rooms on my Debit Card, and 15 mins later I phoned directly to the Hotel, they had already received my booking from Asia Rooms and there was no problems.
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I recently booked my Pattaya accomodation through Agoda. They wouldn't accept my Kasikorn Debit Card, but accepted my Credit Card when I re-typed the Credit Card detail - all as part of the same transaction.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Thanks lads..after a long time trawling the net (& avoiding booking agents/companies...got the wife to phone the 'Phoenix Hotel'..Nr Swampy A/pt direct...900b, rooms booked over the phone, ring them from A/pt when we need their free shuttle-van to come for us.. happy days..(I hope). :roll:
Will let you all know the outcome later..many thanks guys.. :cheers: :cheers:
Marky_Mark

Post by Marky_Mark »

Can always make a booking via email to the hotel direct and just pay upon arrival.
Thats what I do when travelling on buisiness in Thailand & Laos