The Sheraton: how far to hua hin centre?

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
fat mick

The Sheraton: how far to hua hin centre?

Post by fat mick »

Hi this time we are staying at the sheraton the last time we stayed was at the Lapa Hotel can you tell me is this the same distance to Hua Hin centre :? We will be going into hua hin by motor bike on a evening to eat and drink or do i need to change hotels as i may be too far out of town if so what other good hotels are close by not the Hilton or Marriott
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: How far to hua hin centre by motor bike

Post by BaaBaa. »

It's 15km to downtown HH.
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

That sounds too far im afraid :(
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

fat mick wrote:That sounds too far im afraid :(
It tells you how far stuff is on this link. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/ ... rtyID=1590

It shouldn't even be called Sheraton Hua Hin, the address is 1573 Petchkasem Road,Thambol Cha-Am, Cha-Am, 76120, Thailand
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

Thank for the info just been on with traval agent and the same 5 star in or very near the centre is a extra £1800 over christmas and new yr so im happy at the sheraton
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Don't they have a shuttle bus service from the Sheraton? Most of those 5 star hotels provide that sort of thing.
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

STEVE G wrote:Don't they have a shuttle bus service from the Sheraton? Most of those 5 star hotels provide that sort of thing.
Yes they do so no problem there, When we go for a night on the beer into town we will use the shuttle other wise motor bike
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Got a shuttle every hour according to the website, it'll be nice, I just wouldn't bother with the biking into town.
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

Yes shuttle is good but it says first come first served think i might need a permenant booking as drinking will be expensive in the Sheraton another thing are there a few bars near the hotel and resturants
greystag52
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greystag52 »

if you walk to the bars in hua hin on a night and then walk back,after your holidays you will be able to change your profile name to slim mick.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Don't ride your motocy back from town after drinking. Alcohol and gazoline is a deadly cocktail. :tsk:
A friend is only one click away
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

fat mick wrote:Yes shuttle is good but it says first come first served think i might need a permenant booking as drinking will be expensive in the Sheraton another thing are there a few bars near the hotel and resturants
If you go to the beach at the Sheraton and turn left, there is a really nice restaurant/bar (can't remember the name but impossible to miss it) about 100 metres walk and significantly cheaper than the Sheraton. I have stayed at the Sheraton twice and it's a nice Hotel with fantastic infinity swimming pool, just a bit remote from HH, but there is the shuttle bus although you will need to get a taxi back after a night out drinking.
cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Re: The Sheraton: how far to hua hin centre?

Post by cookmanchef »

Not sure what kind of places you like but if you are happy to mix with the locals then places like Get Idea, Giant, (both opposite soi 6), and Music Room are within motor bike range, good food, reasonably priced drink and good atmosphere. There is also a very good Isaan restaurant on the other side of the road a couple of Km closer to HH, big place with name in Thai so I don't know what it is but should be easy to identify.
fat mick

Re: The Sheraton: how far to hua hin centre?

Post by fat mick »

Having been to Thailand about 15 times mixing with the locals will not be a problem just cant justify paying double or treble the price for beers :cheers:
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

greystag52 wrote:if you walk to the bars in hua hin on a night and then walk back,after your holidays you will be able to change your profile name to slim mick.
Greystag It would be nice if you intoduced your-self in the new members section like most people do :wink: