Cha Am Better Than Hua Hin

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Chaam better than HuaHin?

Post by margaretcarnes »

Yup that sounds like the one! But I'm starting to feel sorry for poor old Chaam. Barely a mention on their own Topic and this ones drifted South. Come on you Chaamians - stick up for the place. :P
norm
Professional
Professional

Post by norm »

For those of you who are not familar with it, Cha Am recently moved their market (not far) to a covered area and you can find most anything fresh there.

The fruit, vegtables, meat,fish and flowers are really very good and the price is much, much lower than you will find at Tesco.

The morning has the best variety and freshest selection.

Coming from HH it is the main street just before the traffic light. Take a left and you can't miss it, easy parking too. :cheers:
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Re: Chaam better than HuaHin?

Post by Jockey »

margaretcarnes wrote:Yup that sounds like the one! But I'm starting to feel sorry for poor old Chaam. Barely a mention on their own Topic and this ones drifted South. Come on you Chaamians - stick up for the place. :P
Make your mind up Mags. On another thread you said you were fed up listening to people feeling sorry for Cha Am cos' it never gets mentioned (or something like that).
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Cha am better than HuaHin

Post by margaretcarnes »

Maybe mis-read sommat? Never a bad word has passed this keyboard about Chaam! Apart from perhaps a little moan about the length of the road down to the beach... :wink:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
norm
Professional
Professional

Re: Chaam better than HuaHin?

Post by norm »

Jockey wrote:
margaretcarnes wrote:Yup that sounds like the one! But I'm starting to feel sorry for poor old Chaam. Barely a mention on their own Topic and this ones drifted South. Come on you Chaamians - stick up for the place. :P
Make your mind up Mags. On another thread you said you were fed up listening to people feeling sorry for Cha Am cos' it never gets mentioned (or something like that).
Jockey We Chaamians are trying to keep it quiet, if everyone finds out how nice it is here they will all move here and then we will have the same problems with growth that HH is having. So don't let it get around!
Alanthebuilder
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Alanthebuilder »

I think Cha -Am is nicer the Hua Hin ,but then I like the Thai way of life that’s why I moved hear to live , how ever it is quit and not everybody’s cup of tea. Like the beach better too -thanks
LAnative
Suspended
Suspended

nightlife

Post by LAnative »

It appears HH's nightlife is superior to CA's But if one doesn't own a car is it possible to get to HH and back at night relatively safely?
This question may be too late from the looks of the entries. I may have already missed my chance as outsiders aren't welcome. But I'm still looking. Phuket maybe?
DQ :cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

LAnative

You are becoming a real PITFA (clue? The first 2 words are Pain in)

THE ONLY WAY YOU ARE GOING TO GET ANSWERS IS COME VISIT AND FORM YOUR OWN JUDGEMENTS

Do you wear a dog collar by chance? (on a lead)
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: nightlife

Post by Khundon1975 »

LAnative wrote:It appears HH's nightlife is superior to CA's But if one doesn't own a car is it possible to get to HH and back at night relatively safely?
This question may be too late from the looks of the entries. I may have already missed my chance as outsiders aren't welcome. But I'm still looking. Phuket maybe?
A well built man, ex vet, carrying a gun, with mind reading powers, whats not safe. :?

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

LAnative wrote:I'm still looking. Phuket maybe?
I'd say definitely, 100%. Image
LAnative
Suspended
Suspended

dog collar

Post by LAnative »

Richard As a matter of fact I DO wear a dog collar :wink: It is part of the SM thing. (a JOKE)
Just wanted to know if there was transportation at night between CA and Hh. Sounds like an easy question to me. I don't think I need to live there to find that out.
:cheers: DQ
PS I DO NOT carry a gun
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Yes, a taxi.

Price negotiable.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Actually I spend quite a bit of time in Cha Am as I like the Thai style beach life and some of the excellent seafood restaurants.
But because I also enjoy my night-life, (too much probably) I find that the best thing is to be on the North end of Hua Hin as it is much easier to get from there to Cha Am during the day than it is to get from Cha Am to Hua Hin and back during the night.
During the day I can drive, cycle, motor-bike or get a bus, but after midnight I find most of these methods of transport denied to me for various reasons.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

LAnative wrote:It appears HH's nightlife is superior to CA's But if one doesn't own a car is it possible to get to HH and back at night relatively safely?
A very relevant and to the point question. Yes, it is possible to get to HH and back at night relatively safely even without your own car.
A pre-price-negotiated taxi, either a song taew (see google images for this) or a sedan is your best bet, tuk-tuk or motorsai-taxi not as good.
LAnative wrote:This question may be too late from the looks of the entries. I may have already missed my chance as outsiders aren't welcome. But I'm still looking. Phuket maybe? DQ :cheers:
You start with a good question, but spoil it with your snotty attitude in the next sentence. Everyone of us started out as an outsider.
We learned the ropes, curbed our attitudes and learned the ways and wherefores of internet forum behaviour, that's how we became insiders.
You have not learned yet the proper decorum of the forum and therefore shall Thee reap what Thee sowest.

And yes, Phuket would be much better for you, as well as for everyone else.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Cha-am better than HuaHin?

Post by margaretcarnes »

I find the terms 'insiders' and 'outsiders' strange in the context of the forum. True - there is an etiquette involved, but a forum is, according to the Oxford English dictionary, 'a meeting or medium for the exchange of views'
So if LA'N is feeling like an 'outsider' is it more to do with a general cliqueness (for want of a better word) which seems to separate people who live, or have lived in, the HH area from those who have never been there? And to be honest which maybe separates HuaHinians from Cha-Amians?
Anyway to answer LA's question yes, there is public transport between HH and ChaAm. The little orange buses will get you to CA daytime and into early evening, but they don't run late enough to get back to HH after a good night out. And they don't venture off Petkhasem Rd, so getting down to Beach Rd in CA is quite a hike - or a motorbike taxi/tuktuk/whatever.
It is possible to get a pickup taxi for the round trip at a reasonable price. Or even hire a HH tuktuk for a night to run you around - although a tuktuk isn't ideal for that trip on chilly or rainy nights!
To be honest it isn't easy to get a taxi back to HH from CA late if you go there on the bus earlier. But the place is certainly worth a look IMO. (Sorry Norm - I know you want to keep it as it is - and agree!) But seriously LA try to have a look around CA and decide for yourself. It has plenty of nightlife. Just different to HH.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.